Site Sponsors

Thread: Phase One/Mamiya 645 AFD Question

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Phase One/Mamiya 645 AFD Question

Is there a way to set the auto bracketing increment to a different value than the exposure compensation increment?

I've looked through the custom functions documentation and settings available on both the camera and my P40+ but as far as I can tell the two settings seem intrinsically linked together. Can I change that? I'm on firmware 1.00 - do the later firmware versions permit setting these differently?

For example, if I set the EV increment to 1/3 or 1/2 EV then thats what both exposure comp AND auto bracketing use. What I'd like to be able to do is set AEB to increments of 1 EV and retain exposure comp at 1/3 EV steps.

Maybe I'm missing something in plain sight?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Phase One/Mamiya 645 AFD Question

No you're not alone

Same here, did put a +1EV on cutom setting 1 as bypass solution.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Phase One/Mamiya 645 AFD Question

Hmm, that's a good work around. Maybe I should use the C1/2/3 after all.

Note to Mamiya/Phase One: It would be REALLY useful to be able to set AEB separately to exposure compensation increment. If you shoot HDR then this is a real pain in the butt. Nikon are almost as brain dead in this btw as with the D3/D3x you can only set a maximum AEB increment of 1EV although at least exposure compensation is completely independent. It would be so nice to be able to set an AEB set of -2EV, EV, +2EV without shooting all of the intermediate exposures as a bracket set.