The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hy 6 e75LV still testing

David K

Workshop Member
When you get a new kit you really need to do a lot of testing to learn it well. These are pretty good, I think, focus was off a tad. Clearly I need to do more testing... lots of testing :)

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Oh my ... certainly we need to follow along with your testing process, David. You certainly have an eye for ... gear.

Kurt

harmsr

Workshop Member
David,

Since I just got a new MF camera, maybe I should fly down and we can test them out together. :angel:

Ray

David K

Workshop Member
Ray,
You are more than welcome, come down anytime. Testing can be a difficult and time consuming process but someone has to do it. Nailed the focus on this one... scary sharp as Guy would say.

David K

Workshop Member
Woody,
Nice of you to remember my Aptus, I had many good images from that back. The good news is that I'm starting to get some really good stuff with the Sinar back too. Kidding aside, there is a learning curve. This image, for example, which was shot by my friend Andre, would not have been possible without a WLF. Hand held about 3" over the water (believe me, my heart was in my throat). I think the difference in perspective makes this a much better shot than my own. Hand holding and shooting with WLF takes some practice but I'm starting to appreciate the importance of this as an option. Learning the glass takes a bit of time too. If I'm going to shoot wide open I'll use the 110 f/2... if not, the 80 f/2.8 is sharp as a tack. Meantime it's great fun.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You mean to tell me you would not get in the water with her, i mean your camera . You chicken sh.... Anyday of the week i would lay down in the water, oh and with the camera too.

David K

Workshop Member
Doug, we don't have any mountains to shoot in Florida... this is the best I can do :) The funny part, Guy, is that Andre just got himself a new Gitzo tripod that he didn't want to put in the water. I figure it's carbon fiber and that's what it's made for. I will tell say that I had a death grip on the back while we were in the water :)

robsteve

Subscriber
Woody,
This image, for example, which was shot by my friend Andre, would not have been possible without a WLF. Hand held about 3" over the water (believe me, my heart was in my throat). .
Is the Hy6 the only current system with a WLF?

Is the Hy6 also the only current 6x6 camera?

robmac

Hassy CWD/II or V series + Phase P20 or P21 (can't recall which) are square format with WLF as standard (but removable). Non-current Contax 645 can fit WLF.

David - I like your testing methodology. Think we should all contribute to a shortened CF tripod so as to ensure the project continues....

Graham Mitchell

Non-current Contax 645 can fit WLF.
But it can only be usable in landscape mode. Turning the camera on its side makes the WLF unusable.

Yes, the Hy6 is the only current system which offers a WLF in both landscape and portrait modes. You just rotate the back, not the camera.

Steve Hendrix

Hassy CWD/II or V series + Phase P20 or P21 (can't recall which) are square format with WLF as standard (but removable). Non-current Contax 645 can fit WLF.

David - I like your testing methodology. Think we should all contribute to a shortened CF tripod so as to ensure the project continues....
The P20 is square, not the P21.

Also, don't forget the Hasselblad CFVII and 503CWD, both of which can use the waist level finder.

H1/H2 and H3D series Hasselblads also have a waist level finder option.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php

etrigan63

These kinds of photos would get me in trouble with the Mrs. She's a bit provincial when it comes to me photographing scantily clad nubile young women. I'll stick to subjects that don't need model releases.

Still, lovely photos. Nice freckles. I am happy to see that currently trends in modeling no longer require utterly flawless skin from head to toe.

woodyspedden

These are Sinar files :confused:
I knew that!!!!!!!!!! LOL

My head is swimming from the constant study of these backs to see what is best for me. I just plunged for the Phase P45+

Talk about a slippery slope!

But anyway David K these are beautifully captured images no matter the name of the back and how much you had to spend to get it. Just great stuff

Woody