The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone used the Pentax 67 75f4.5 shift?

chrismuc

Has anyone used the Pentax 67 75f4.5 shift lens either on a digital MF or on a 5D2/1Ds? Could be a quite useful medium/longer focal length shift lens with nice 20mm shift. Is the Pentax 75 shift considered similar/higher/lower quality (edge sharpness shiftet, CA, distortion-freeness) compared to the Mamiya RZ 67 shift lens?
Thx Christoph

archivue

i have never used it... but i did have the RB KL 75 shift, a superb lens that miss tilt !

have you ever heard of mirex adpator ? tilt and shift with medium format lens on a canon/nikon !

chrismuc

I did not know that there also was a RB 75 shift lens. Are both optically the same? Also I am not clear if it is possible to use a RB or RZ lens via adapter on an EOS camera.
I heard of the Mirex adapter. Good idea indeed ... just isn't the adapter rather expensive ... roughly as much as a lens ... like USD/EUR 500-600?
(I am working in China right now and never can access the Mirex website from here, have no idea why)
BTW, I use now the M645 50f4 shift lens. Very nice! Edge sharpness at 16mm shift is okay at f11, CA is definitely there but one can reduce in PS. But best thing is that distortion is absolutely absent even at full shift.

Last edited:

bensonga

I have the Pentax 75mm f4.5 shift lens, but have not used it on either my Hasselblad 503CWD (CFV-16II) or Canon 5D. Actually, I've never thought to look for lens adapters to mouint my Pentax 67 lenses on Hasselblad or Canon EOS cameras. I suppose there must be some out there.....do you know of ones you would recommend? I wouldn't mind giving this a try.....since I won't be buying a Pentax 645D anytime soon.

Gary