The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

larger battery for Leaf back??

BradleyGibson

Hi, all,

Based on Sergei's comments, as promised, I took some notes over the past week and can report back on the Maximal Power batteries vs Leaf OEM.

Using the Leaf batteries at 2350mAh as a reference, the Maximals are delivering only 1745mAh of energy, ~25% lower than the OEM batteries, and ~30% below their advertised capacity of 2500mAh.

I tried the testing a couple of times, once with a full 24h charge followed by immediate testing, and once with a full charge then letting the battery sit for a week to test the charge leak question. There was no significant difference in performance.

So they're not nearly as powerful as advertised, but they don't appear to leak, and cost $11 vs the OEM's $90.

My guess is there are probably better SL-160-compatible batteries out there to be had, still at reasonable prices, but unfortunately I don't know which ones they might be.

If I find 'em, I'll keep you posted,