The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with Mamiya Remote Capture

mvirtue

I'm trying to get Remote Capture up and running on my Mac Pro running 10.5.8.

I downloaded RemoteCapture Beta from mamiya.co.jp. After a few tries I was able to install it and start it up. I then connected my RZ Pro II D w/ ZD back to the Mac. The app is amazingly silent. The back does not seem to give any indication that it is connected. Pressing the shutter release does not result in an image being written to the target folder just to the CF card that I have installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Mark
Mark Virtue
Virtuous Photography
http://gallery.VirtuousPhotography.com

mediumcool

Well. I tried my lowly MacBook and it just worked. I wonder how many ports are dead on my MacPro.
You can look at System Profiler to see what is working and what is not; I bought a MacBook Pro last year, and realised only recently that the sole FW port doesn’t work.

Had to buy a ExpressCard FW adapter to get any action.

If all your FW on the Mac Pro is not working, you could get a PCI-FW card for it.

mvirtue

Thanks. I'm going to have to take some time and play with that and see what all is up with this MacPro.

SergeiR

Mark, got a question - how the heck you managed to downlad it? Every time i am trying - server times out after entering email :((((

neil

I used Mamiya remote capture with an RZ a few weeks ago on a windows PC. It does eventually work but I had to reset the ZD back and stop and start the application to get a working connection. It did transfer the file. Which I viewed in capture one.

Regards

Neil

mvirtue

I used Mamiya remote capture with an RZ a few weeks ago on a windows PC. It does eventually work but I had to reset the ZD back and stop and start the application to get a working connection. It did transfer the file. Which I viewed in capture one.

Regards

Neil
Good to know. I'm using a Leaf Aptus-II 7 now.

mvirtue

Sorry guys, been busy. Yes, I do have both. I had actually made contact with Mamiya USA and got the e-mail version of the middle finger from them when I asked about the software last year.

homeiss

Sorry guys, been busy. Yes, I do have both. I had actually made contact with Mamiya USA and got the e-mail version of the middle finger from them when I asked about the software last year.
No rush Mark. I'm just glad someone still has the files. I would love to get the Mac and PC version if possible. I will send you a PM.

Thanks,
Cory

Frank Gosebruch

Let me check.
Hi Mark,

well, I know a very old thread....
...maybe you can help me.

On my Mamiya RB67 Pro SD I use the digital back Mamiya ZD Back DB.

I have not used the camera for several years. Now I have purchased new batteries and would like to use the camera again - but tethered shooting.

When purchasing the digital back, a CF card with the software BS701 was delivered.
This software automatically established the connection between the camera and PC using a Firewire cable.

In the display of the back I get now no longer a "PC" symbol (before I used a Mac), which signals the successful connection. Strangely, however, Windows (acoustic: didlidimm) signals that the IEEE Firewire cable at the interface of the PC is recognized.

Unfortunately, I lost this CF card with the communication software and now look for someone who can send me a copy of this software, or at least knows how to manage tethered shooting with a standard Windows system.

On my server I have still a backup of this software, but the backup consists only of a single file named "MOP_LOAD.BIN".
I do not know how I have to integrate / install this software on the CompactFlash card.

Software: Mamiya Digital PhotoStudio, Capture One 6, RawTherapee 5.0
Hardware: x86, 32-bit, Windows 10

Cheers

Frank Gosebruch