Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    There are a new Phocus service releases for Mac and Windows:

    http://www.hasselbladusa.com/service...downloads.aspx

    There are new H4D firmware downloads:

    Sensor Unit firmware H4D-60, R354
    Sensor Unit firmware for: H4D-40/50, R357

    http://www.hasselbladusa.com/service...downloads.aspx

    Michael

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Warks, UK
    Posts
    550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by Iskander View Post
    There are a new Phocus service releases for Mac and Windows:

    http://www.hasselbladusa.com/service...downloads.aspx

    There are new H4D firmware downloads:

    Sensor Unit firmware H4D-60, R354
    Sensor Unit firmware for: H4D-40/50, R357

    http://www.hasselbladusa.com/service...downloads.aspx

    Michael
    Does this mean that we will not get live view (Phocus 2.6) working on the H4D-60 for another month or two?

    I thought that it had been in beta test for months?


    Last edited by dick; 7th December 2010 at 13:50. Reason: Add dead horse

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    The 39MP series appear to be hit by the same firewire instability. I hope there will be a firmware update for this in the near future too.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustbak View Post
    The 39MP series appear to be hit by the same firewire instability. I hope there will be a firmware update for this in the near future too.
    +1...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Warks, UK
    Posts
    550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    Sensor Unit firmware H4D-60, R354

    Does this overcome the Hasselblad/Mac book pro/firewire problem, or do we still need special booster (Lindy) firewire cables?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    Yes Dick. I would certainly expect so.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustbak View Post
    The 39MP series appear to be hit by the same firewire instability. I hope there will be a firmware update for this in the near future too.
    Absolutely!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    Prolly a dumb question... will Phocus process Phase One files? I would love to use the V lens correction feature for my photos.

  9. #9
    Senior Member yaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    38

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolce Moda View Post
    Prolly a dumb question... will Phocus process Phase One files? I would love to use the V lens correction feature for my photos.
    You've got presets for several V lenses in Capture One: 40mm, 50, 60, 80, 110 and 120 Makro and you can also create you own presets

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    Cool ! Thanks!

  11. #11
    Subscriber Member jotloob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    KEMPTEN / GERMANY
    Posts
    1,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    116

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    I think , it is about time , that the leading MF DIGITAL BACK and camera makers come together and create a common software platfrom , which can be used by all
    formats of digital shots , no matter which camera or back brand is used .
    I believe , that is what photographers want , much more than backs with
    80MB or even 80+MB .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  12. #12
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    I think , it is about time , that the leading MF DIGITAL BACK and camera makers come together and create a common software platfrom , which can be used by all
    formats of digital shots , no matter which camera or back brand is used .
    I believe , that is what photographers want , much more than backs with
    80MB or even 80+MB .
    That'll happen when Ben & Jerry's is served in Hell, and they open a Pub in Heaven

    Maybe Lightroom in 5 years! Or after the heads of Adobe and Macintosh go on to Heaven or Hell, and the companies really start interacting with one another and force the MFD companies to cough up their little secret sauces

    -Marc

  13. #13
    Subscriber Member jotloob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    KEMPTEN / GERMANY
    Posts
    1,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    116

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    That'll happen when Ben & Jerry's is served in Hell, and they open a Pub in Heaven

    Maybe Lightroom in 5 years! Or after the heads of Adobe and Macintosh go on to Heaven or Hell, and the companies really start interacting with one another and force the MFD companies to cough up their little secret sauces

    -Marc
    Hmmmmmmmm . . . yes , I was afraid , that answer would come up .
    Perhaps the chance for a 56x56 FF square sensor is much higher .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  14. #14
    Member Jay Emm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    ...it is about time , that the leading MF DIGITAL BACK and camera makers come together and create a common software platfrom , which can be used by all
    formats of digital shots , no matter which camera or back brand is used
    Competition fosters innovation, so I kind of like it that there are several great choices for us. I get your point, but I personally like it the way it is now.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Phocus 2.6

    I've got a mail from Hasselblad today.

    ... Phocus 2.6 which we
    currently plan to release early next year.


    We have to wait a little bit.

    Michael

  16. #16
    Subscriber Member jotloob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    KEMPTEN / GERMANY
    Posts
    1,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    116

    Re: Phocus 2.5.3 + new H4D firmware

    Service release PHOCUS 2.5.4 is available for download .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Phocus 2.5.5 is out

    This is a service release with various corrections introduced in previous versions of Phocus:

    http://www.hasselblad.co.uk/service-...downloads.aspx

    Michael

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Phocus 2.6

    I've got a new mail from Hasselblad today.

    Hi Michael

    We aim at doing a release this month - so wait not much longer



    Michael

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •