The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

happy a as clam with 80mm and 55mm LS

faneuil

Just shot most of the morning using either the 80mm LS or the 55mm LS mamiya lenses.

I have never been so happy with just using two lenses.
I can see these quickly becoming my "if I was trapped on dessert island and could only have 2 lenses" lenses.
Yes, I am lucky to have these.

Eric

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Just shot most of the morning using either the 80mm LS or the 55mm LS mamiya lenses.

I have never been so happy with just using two lenses.
I can see these quickly becoming my "if I was trapped on dessert island and could only have 2 lenses" lenses.
Yes, I am lucky to have these.

Eric
I'm with you, Eric - love those two but add the 150 D as well!
Bill

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Love the 55mm LS sort has been bolted on the front end lately . The 80 LS is also very handy and yes I am still a 150 D fan. Along with the 28mm I have a awesome 4 lens kit but I feel a need for a new 35D and a 300 pinching at me sometimes

David Schneider

Why the 210 vs. the 150? I've never used either, but i'm just curious.
Simply because the 150mm is closer to 100mm so I'd go with the 210mm. If I had an 80mm instead of the 100mm then I might go with the 150mm. It's a bit lighter and faster although I'm kind of liking the 210mm in studio the more I use it.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
My next H lens to my 28 and 100 would be the 210, because the 100 and 150 are too close. Also if I might once add the 120, then the 150 would make not so much sense.

Of course it would be better to have all ..... ;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I dunno, I must old-fashioned. I like the traditional 1.4x (sqrt 2) focal spacing in my primes. 35/40, 55, 80, 110, 150, 210, 300.

David Schneider

Me, I'd be happy with a 35-90 and, say, a 125-300, but I think it's a good experience now that I'm using 35, 100, 150, and 210mm. I'm finding I'm moving my camera stand more than using my dslr 70-200 and 24-105 so it's making me less lazy in the studio using mf primes.