The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Temptation for Guy - Sinar Hy6 System

T

thsinar

Guy,

I was thinking to post a little temptation for you and for the weekend.

:ROTFL:

Best regards,
Thierry

with the kind courtesy of my friend Kaisern Chen in Bangkok

BJNY

It's helpful to see the size of the lenses
relative to the 80mm mounted on the camera.
Left to right:
50mm F2.8, 120mm F4 macro, 40mm F3.5, 55mm tilt/shift, 300mm F4, 110mm F2, 250mm F5.6 & 180mm F2.8

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Yes it is... I just took delivery of the 55 TS yesterday (unfortunately damaged in transit from Hong Kong) and was a bit surprised at how large it is. BTW, if anyone can recommend a Rollei repair shop in the States please let me know.

T

thsinar

Bingo, Billy!

You have won ....

.... the right to download this JPG and hang it on your wall!

;)

Thierry

Left to right:
50mm, 120mm macro, 40mm, 55mm tilt/shift, 300mm F4, 110mm F2, 250mm & 180mm F2.8

David K

Workshop Member
Thierry,

How do you find manual focusing with your prism finder. Are you using a magnifier of any sort or find it unnecessary...

T

thsinar

David,

I find it very easy with the focus indicator in the viewfinder, and no particular problem.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

How do you find manual focusing with your prism finder. Are you using a magnifier of any sort or find it unnecessary...

Last edited:

BJNY

I find the view through the focusing screen of the Hy6/AFi the clearest ever without any aides.

David K

Workshop Member
I find the view through the focusing screen of the Hy6/AFi the clearest ever without any aides.
As do I when using the WLF... depending on the lens, it makes precise manual focusing a breeze. Just was wondering about the view thru the prism finder and Thierry has answered that question.

Rethmeier

Hi David,
may I ask how much you paid for the 55PCS?
Also,what was damaged?
I've got one myself from the UK and arrived with no damage.
I'm also waiting for a 2/110 that I got on eBay from the US.
Cheers,
Willem.

BradleyGibson

Hi, Willem,

May I ask you the same question? I am looking for a 55 PCS, once my wallet cools off from all the recent photography purchases...

Thanks so much.

Best regards,
Brad

P.S. Your little care package arrived snug as a bug in a rug. Thank you, the lens looks great!

Hi David,
Also,what was damaged?
Cheers,
Willem.

BradleyGibson

Thierry,

Is there a remote shutter release that works with the Hy6? One person I spoke with said that the Rollei RC-120 doesn't work with the Hy6... Can you confirm?

Mine is on its way. Thank you for all your help--who knows what I'd be shooting if not for all the support you've provided. :thumbup:

Thanks, Thierry,
Brad

David,

I find it very easy with the focus indicator in the viewfinder, and no particular problem.

Best regards,
Thierry

BJNY

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Here's a quick pic of the damaged lens. It appears that the lens was dropped breaking the spring and scuffing the lens barrel. Judging by the box, which was not damaged at all, I would speculate that whoever opened the box at customs and inspected the lens dropped it. I have pics of the lens prior to shipment and it was in perfect condition. It was also well protected in the packaging. For those interested in this lens note that it's a bit awkward to mount on the Hy6. The handle needs to be adjusted prior to mounting or the springs hit the handle. No big deal, just something to be aware of. Those interested in cost please contact me offline.

David K

Workshop Member
Hi David,
Also,what was damaged?
Cheers,
Willem.
Willem,

I did not know that it was you bidding on the 110/2. I have this lens and like it so much I thought I'd pick up a spare. I put in a snipe bid that was quite a bit higher than the final price. Fortunately, as it turns out, I forgot that I had changed my password on ebay (after someone hijacked my account) but forgot to change it on the snipe site, so my bid was never placed. Now that I know it's you that got the lens, I feel much better (I think you stole it at that price :) ).

Last edited: