The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf 12 backs starting to ship

Christopher

Oh I'm sure Phase will show us something new VERY SOON and I hope that they keep up their promise and will shipp the back right after the presentation.

fotografz

10 sleeps to go!
I have the Alpa adapter ready to go. DF camera charged and ready......

BTW, I have just returned to Dubai from Switzerland where I shot a lot of snowscapes with an Alpa STC and my Phase One P65+. I am blown away by the detail one can hold in snow with this combo. The camera was easy to manage, even with gloves on in sub-zero conditions. I can only imagine what the Aptus II 12 will be like!

BTW, I have begun to post Jpegs from this trip on the Phase One & Leaf ME Photo Community page on Facebook if you are curious. The 80Mp tests will go up here too.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=o.140450725986092
Nice stuff Bryan.

-Marc

goesbang

Huh - I have this exact combo STC + Phase P65 back + DF ! (+... + ...). Which lenses are you on?

Do you mean Phase lenses? I have the Schneider Kreuznach LS 55mm, 80mm and 110mm, the Phase 28mmD, 150/2.8D and a film-era Mamiya 210mm.

The Schneiders are all superb performers, the 150/2.8 is the sharpest lens I own, the 28 is good but no match for the technical camera (great choice if you Don't own a tech cam) and the 210 is ......well......a film lens.

narikin

sorry I meant the Alpa lenses, with the P65+ and STC.

With stitching, many lenses become two focal lengths - straight shooting with a 90mm becomes a 60mm when 2 way stitched. a 60mm is a nice walk around semi-wide, but becomes a wide angle 45mm when stitched. etc. Nice 'convertible' aspect to them.

On Phase DF lenses I found the 110mm LS to be a good sharp lens, but inaccurate to focus at middle distances, like 10-50m, when near wide open. It front-focused alarmingly, and Phase had no cure. I had to return it finally. Apparently I was not the only one with this problem. In the studio you would not suffer from this, nor at infinity. Try 'across the road' distances at 2.8 or 3.2, and you may find it focusing a meter or so ahead of the right point. If not you are lucky.

goesbang

sorry I meant the Alpa lenses, with the P65+ and STC.

With stitching, many lenses become two focal lengths - straight shooting with a 90mm becomes a 60mm when 2 way stitched. a 60mm is a nice walk around semi-wide, but becomes a wide angle 45mm when stitched. etc. Nice 'convertible' aspect to them.

On Phase DF lenses I found the 110mm LS to be a good sharp lens, but inaccurate to focus at middle distances, like 10-50m, when near wide open. It front-focused alarmingly, and Phase had no cure. I had to return it finally. Apparently I was not the only one with this problem. In the studio you would not suffer from this, nor at infinity. Try 'across the road' distances at 2.8 or 3.2, and you may find it focusing a meter or so ahead of the right point. If not you are lucky.
My Phase 110 Af is spot on at all apertures and distances. I am an old shooler though, and manually focus all critical shots. I use a lot of selective focus in my work, so focus point is a major creative decision that I would never trust to a computer.

On the Alpa, I have Schneider 35, 47 and 150 Digitars.

Digitalcameraman

Soooooooo going back to the Leaf 12 - anyone got one yet??!!

JOHN

I am happy to report that Capture Integration has just received our first batch of Leaf Aptus 12 units. They are parked in our office snowed in along with Guy's 35mm Lens. LOL. I too am ready to put it through the test Guy.

I have a few shots I will post later after I get them processed that I shot this weekend in Mexico. It will be the first test I have done with the Arca Swiss RM3D with 35mm HR Rodenstock lens too.

I have a Leaf Aptus 12 unit in Florida is anyone wants to meet up and learn more about it. Have camera will travel.

Just getting out to see people to test the new back this week and I will share those too. So far I am very impressed with the detail and performance of this new Leaf Aptus 12. Look for post very soon.

Chris Snipes (e-mail Me)
Sales Manager

2010 Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 813-335-2473
Buy Capture One at 10% off[/SIZE]

narikin

Be interested to hear if the increased Mp/ reduced pixel size has come at a cost of noise of DR at all.

the P65+ was the class leader in that regard, and any step down from that high point in return for more Mp, would be one each individual photographer would have to work out for themselves.

jps

I am happy to report that Capture Integration has just received our first batch of Leaf Aptus 12 units. They are parked in our office snowed in along with Guy's 35mm Lens. LOL. I too am ready to put it through the test Guy.

I have a few shots I will post later after I get them processed that I shot this weekend in Mexico. It will be the first test I have done with the Arca Swiss RM3D with 35mm HR Rodenstock lens too.

I have a Leaf Aptus 12 unit in Florida is anyone wants to meet up and learn more about it. Have camera will travel.

Just getting out to see people to test the new back this week and I will share those too. So far I am very impressed with the detail and performance of this new Leaf Aptus 12. Look for post very soon.

Chris Snipes (e-mail Me)
Sales Manager

2010 Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 813-335-2473
Buy Capture One at 10% off[/SIZE]
Im keen to hear(and see ) more!

jps

I know everyone is excited about the new phase backs - however whats happened to the promised 12 test and reports? Im still interested.

Cheers JOHN

yaya

Aptus-II 12, Arca-Swiss Rm2D, Schneider 43mm, 14 seconds at f11 and 50 iso, two horizontal frames stitched in Photoshop

BradleyGibson

Haha-ok Yair--thanks. You got me, I should have been more specific... :)

Any 100% samples or, ideally, raw files shot with Schneider, Zeiss, Fuji HC/D, or Mamiya (prime) glass on SLR bodies with this back?

(That large format/technical camera glass is very impressive! Must... resist... :))

Happy to post a file if webspace/bandwidth is an issue for the owner...