The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tripod and Head Reccomendations

P. Chong

Peter---bubble-wrap still on the tripod legs? My kids would have had a field day popping all those bubbles! :ROTFL:
:)...yes...I liked it on...to uglify the tripod...also to prevent small scratches...the tripod is more than a year old...and have travelled almost twice round the world with me.

Vlad

Yup, it's tall and awesome. You should have seen the look on my face when I fully extended it. GT3541XLS with Arca C1.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Whatever you get, the RRS L plate is the best thing around for attaching a Hasselblad to a tripod
I actually prefer the Kirk bracket: http://www.kirkphoto.com/L-Bracket_for_H3.html It attaches to the side of the body as well as the bottom making it very rigid and secure. The RRS L plate extends a long way from the body and has a slight amount of flex. The only downsides of the Kirk bracket are that the lever to release the back is slightly hard to reach, and of course you can't use the gps attachment because the bracket screws on to its space.

P. Chong

I actually prefer the Kirk bracket: http://www.kirkphoto.com/L-Bracket_for_H3.html It attaches to the side of the body as well as the bottom making it very rigid and secure. The RRS L plate extends a long way from the body and has a slight amount of flex. The only downsides of the Kirk bracket are that the lever to release the back is slightly hard to reach, and of course you can't use the gps attachment because the bracket screws on to its space.
I have the Kirk too, and would recommend it. But in addition to making the back release lever hard to reach, it also partially blocks the flash sync socket on the body., making it a bit more difficult to access. The bracket also makes removing and attaching the shoulder strap a bit more cumbersome.

jotloob

Subscriber Member

jotloob

Subscriber Member

TTLKurtis

I really like my RRS BH-55 ballhead... but I have to say the Cube is so very tempting. If I make the jump to MF I'll probably bite the bullet.

Especially for architectural work, a ballhead is a bit annoying. Even studio work it can be a bother. (If I had a bigger studio, a giant stand might be in order, but that would simply take up too much room heh)