The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need an small airplane in the Miami area for an engagement session...

haring

Hey guys!

I need an small airplane in the Miami area for an engagement session...We don't need a pilot. They don't want to fly just pose next to it and inside.

Do you know anybody I can call? Do you know a photographer who did something similar and can help me to arrange it?

Thanks a lot!

symbolphoto

You could probably just walk up to a nearby airport and slip a $20 to someone that works there... i've done that before. Small civil airports are fairly lax.

Schmiddi

You could probably just walk up to a nearby airport and slip a $20 to someone that works there... i've done that before. Small civil airports are fairly lax.
Well, when shooting also inside the airplane, I really suggest to have the owner near by ;) Same when shooting in front with registration visible...

Andreas

scott kirkpatrick

That was then. Since 9/11 and the TSA came into existence, badge-controlled access to the flight lines is required for just about any airport. At Hanscomb outside of Boston, it takes $75 in fees and several weeks to get the permission, but for the price of an hour of an instructor's time at one of two flight schools you could probably get access and the freedom to situate the plane at some attractive angle and with a background you like. I doubt that OpaLocka's any easier.

scott

haring

That was then. Since 9/11 and the TSA came into existence, badge-controlled access to the flight lines is required for just about any airport. At Hanscomb outside of Boston, it takes $75 in fees and several weeks to get the permission, but for the price of an hour of an instructor's time at one of two flight schools you could probably get access and the freedom to situate the plane at some attractive angle and with a background you like. I doubt that OpaLocka's any easier.

scott
Thanks!!! :)