The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

High-end MFD

dick

Yes, I know. That is the theory. The practice is that you will often introduce minor movement. Anyway, sure it can. You don't have to listen to someone that has tried both and simply has a fairly strong feeling what does work and what is kind of a PITA.
Thanks, yes... I did not realize that you had tried it with a view camera.

I appreciate that minor movements can screw things up... and that is one reason I am going for eShutters... and would like a powered remote hex-stitch back.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Btw, I'm surprised that in this discussion of state of the art MFD that nobody has mentioned camera systems such as the RED Epic. Whilst it's not 60mp+ it does promise up to 18 stops of DR (and obviously the video capabilities too). I know that for many situations I'd happily give up resolution for DR and tonality.

David Schneider

There have been many posts about Pro-sumer and middle-of-the range MF systems...
Dick,

I'm kind of new to digital mf so forgive a dumb question, but what do you consider a "Pro-sumer" mf system? It just seems to me that any digital mf system that's even 4-5 years old will blow away any Canon or Nikon for professional studio photography in almost all cases. I'm understand pro-sumer gear in the dlsr world, but not in the digital mf world.

"Middle of-the range MF sytems" I understand now that I have a Hasselblad H3dII-39 and four lenses.

goesbang

Btw, I'm surprised that in this discussion of state of the art MFD that nobody has mentioned camera systems such as the RED Epic. Whilst it's not 60mp+ it does promise up to 18 stops of DR (and obviously the video capabilities too). I know that for many situations I'd happily give up resolution for DR and tonality.
Errrrr, ummmmm.....isn't the RED epic a full-frame 35mm format camera? Unless I'm mistaken, MFD stands for Medium format digital.......:D

dick

Where do you feel limited?
In front of a highly-detailed 3 meter * 4 meter medieval grand master painting, when I think:

"How can I produce something better than that?"

I like to think that I am into image creation...not just photography.