The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

got my h4d-50

msadat

after a long internal debate between it and the leica s2.

so far i am real happy with my decision. what surprised the most was how balanced the camera was hand held. i was use to mamiya 645 af and contax 645 but this feels much better and more robust. the software on the win 7 64 not so good with crashes but i also got lightroom and works fine.

the files are to die for and i fell in love with the 28/4. i am going to order the 35-90 and the 100 next.

though i am a leica guy with m8 9 and dmr, i felt that the s2 has ways to go before it becomes a system. i have always been an early adapter but s2 did not sit well with me. specially when there r no lenses

fotografz

Congratulations! :thumbs:

I think you are going to LOVE the H4D ... and no doubt the system is more mature than the S2 ... which your bank account will soon attest to :ROTFL: I wouldn't have even considered adding the S2 if I couldn't source at least the three lenses I am testing now.

RE: performance of Phocus. I think it is essential that you sort out those issues and not rely on Lightroom/Bridge as your only RAW processor. You will never see the full potential of that camera without gaining experience with Phocus.

I'm on a Mac so I can't suggest much, but I can tell you to pay specific attention to your Graphics Card. I'd contact your dealer or Hasselblad Tech Support and discuss your current computer specs as a first step.

I recently upgraded my Graphics Card and the difference was like night and day afterward. Faster and very stable.

All the best with your new camera:clap:

Photos please !!!!

-Marc

symbolphoto

Marc is absolutely right, using Phocus really brings out the best in the files. I also use Win7/Phocus and i haven't had any issues as of late. Do you have a decent video card? Apparently Phocus is rather heavily dependent on good ones with lots of VRAM.

The 35-90 and 100 are to die for. You'll really enjoy them. They are the staple of my stable.

PS: Dolce, hey i make due with the 31 too!

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Congratulations to your H4D50 !!!!!

I am kind of struggling to what H4D to upgrade from my H3D39 - H4D50 or H4d60 ????

Waiting for your impressions and results!

Peter

fotografz

Congratulations to your H4D50 !!!!!

I am kind of struggling to what H4D to upgrade from my H3D39 - H4D50 or H4d60 ????

Waiting for your impressions and results!

Peter
Get a H4D/50 MultiShot ... the trade value difference isn't much different than the 60 ... :D

-Marc (the evil one) Williams

Quentin_Bargate

Congratulations, it is a great camera. No problems with vignetting or cropping to worry about, as with the 60, but still loads of resolution to play with. I love mine.

H4D-50 120mm macro.

Professional

Congrats!

I am also happy with my H4D-60, i was using H3D2-39, and i am just a CAnon shooter in the past [and still], but the files out of those digiMF are incredibly huge and amazing.

Have fun and waiting your shots!