The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Landscapes cameras

jps

Hi All

Ive been reading this tread with interest... my 2 cents is - I agree that with wide lenses you can up to a point use the guess,point and shoot method , but for optimal results with a precision camera a prefer to take a little more care. I dont see how/why you can use shift without a tripod and you certainly need a precise setup ala the cube for anything with a tilt.One of my most used lenses is the HR 90 - its a stunner - you do need to focus carefully , when used with tilt you can get amazing results .A typical setup with the 90 would be camera about 4ft off the ground and 5degree tilt and then focus.Using f8 you can achieve 100% depth of field on the ground.To me thats what tech cameras are all about - sure they can be a pain in the proverbial to cart about and setup but used carefully they perform tasks that are just not otherwise possible. I will post an example when Im back at my main computer.
Cheers JOHN

BTW I dont know any Australian who drinks fosters - do they still make it?:)

O

Optechs Digital

Hey Guys,

Don't you know that,

"Fosters-Its Australian for Bier"

At least that's what American television tells us. So it must be true! :eek:

Best,
Paul

PeterA

Gentlemen,

I was hesitant to say this before as there was a bit of heat being generated in the discussion - but Fosters hasnt been made in Australia or even sold in Australia for over ten years...

:ROTFL:

Pete

Don Libby

Gentlemen,

I was hesitant to say this before as there was a bit of heat being generated in the discussion - but Fosters hasnt been made in Australia or even sold in Australia for over ten years...

Pete
What about triple X?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Last time I was there I was drinking VB & Tooheys. Can't remember about XXX but if there's one thing you can rely on it's that an Aussi knows his beer :watch:

PeterA

Gentlemen,

it is XXXX ( 4 ex) the Queenslanders Beer.
My favourite local is Coopers Pale Ale and Beez Knees ( nice boutique malt)

Cheers

goesbang

Gentlemen,

it is XXXX ( 4 ex) the Queenslanders Beer.
My favourite local is Coopers Pale Ale and Beez Knees ( nice boutique malt)

Cheers
I am a Queenslander, through and through, yet I wouldn't drink XXXX even if the alternative was dying of thirst. It's bloody awful stuff.

Jurgen, I'll drop you a line next time I'm in Munich. It will be my pleasure to buy the first round.

2 sleeps 'till I can shim my Leaf Aptus 12 for my Alpa STC.

Watch the photo blogs for something big next week....:thumbs:

Cheers,
:loco::loco::loco::loco::loco:

dick

Gentlemen,

Pete
:OT:
Sorry ...I was last in Australia in the mid 1970's ...Is it still dry in the middle?

The best known and most advertised Scotch whiskeys are not the favorites among the Scots.:OT:

...but when comparing the weight of a cube to a can of larger or beer, perhaps the brand is irrelevant?

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thanks to all , who helped with their ideas for a good solution for a QR plate for the ALPA STC .

I have checked all possibilities over again .
The RRS plates all look very nice , but are very difficult to get here .
The ARCA plates , and there are many , are not quite what I was looking for .
So I ended up at NOVOFLEX again . You can slide the QPL-1 plates into the CUBE either way , which I think is very handy . But I do not like the blue finish .
I will have to do some rework to the plates , which I will do next week .
I will show you my solution , when the rework is done .

The STC has arrived last week . What a beautyful piece of camera .
No shooting done so far . The handling is much easier than with the SWA .
She is very good in my hand , even she has only one handle . (Rosewood for snobs) .
I am thinking about trading in my SWA for an IQ180 :ROTFL: . I know , it will take some extra k€s .
I made this sidenote intentionally here , to spread the PHASE IQ discussion also into this thread . Hopefully .
OK. I would never need an IQ180 but am seriously looking to the specs of the IQ160 again and again .

cly

The RRS plates all look very nice , but are very difficult to get here .
Juergen, when I ordered from them, it took only three or four days to get the stuff to Berlin. However, what you pay for postage isn't what I would call a bargain but that's not the fault of RRS ...

Chris

PeterA

Thanks to all , who helped with their ideas for a good solution for a QR plate for the ALPA STC .

The STC has arrived last week . What a beautyful piece of camera .
No shooting done so far . The handling is much easier than with the SWA .
She is very good in my hand , even she has only one handle . (Rosewood for snobs) .

I am thinking about trading in my SWA for an IQ180 :ROTFL: . I know , it will take some extra k€s .
I made this sidenote intentionally here , to spread the PHASE IQ discussion also into this thread . Hopefully .
OK. I would never need an IQ180 but am seriously looking to the specs of the IQ160 again and again .
Congratulations on the STC - I too have orderd one with rosewood handle.
I like the user interface and functionality of what Phase One IQ series is offering - this will make it easier to shoot longer focal lengths on Alpa as focussing will be easier
I need some help to understand why 60 or 80 megapixels is useful...
apart from internet pixel peeping competitions?

I wish the 40 was full frame - but the STC will allow for easy stitching anyway..
perfect world for me would have been Leaf employing same user interface as Phase One - that way I could order an Afi/Hy6 mount - strange why Phase doesn't do this mount..