The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

aptus 12 with wide angle lenses

P

panagiotis

Hello,
I have just bought the aptus 12 and after testing it with Horseman swd 2
and digitar 24 I saw that this lens is not compatible with the leaf 12 db.
The problem is not that the lens cant cover the hall ccd,it is that it appears
severe color cast at the edges of the image,that cant be removed even after
doing the white shading procedure.After the white shading procedure the results are:unsharp,very grainy,and with green spots image.
After searching in the phase one site I found that there is an issue with p65+
and cant work well with symmetric wide lenses like digitar 24-35- 47
and rodenstock grandagon 35 and45.The lenses that can work well with p65+
are the digarons witch are designed non symmetric.From phase one I had the answer that because the aptus 12 has similar ccd with p65+ will work well with digarons.What I want to ask is if any one has experience working with aptus 12 and digaron 23 because it is very difficult for me to find that lens for test and I dont want to invest the very many $ with out being sure there is no problem whit this back-lens combination.
Thank you in advance
Panagiotis

dick

The Sinar 86H is not supposed to work well with angles of incidence of light on the sensor of more than 35 degrees due to the micro-lenses...

Has anyone tried the Hasselblad H4D-60 with wide lenses?

P

panagiotis

The H4D-60 has the same dalsa ccd with p65+ so I think the problem will be apparent.
I dont know how the 86H reacts,75H that I use as main system doesnt have any problem.

jps

Hello,
I have just bought the aptus 12 and after testing it with Horseman swd 2
and digitar 24 I saw that this lens is not compatible with the leaf 12 db.
The problem is not that the lens cant cover the hall ccd,it is that it appears
severe color cast at the edges of the image,that cant be removed even after
doing the white shading procedure.After the white shading procedure the results are:unsharp,very grainy,and with green spots image.
After searching in the phase one site I found that there is an issue with p65+
and cant work well with symmetric wide lenses like digitar 24-35- 47
and rodenstock grandagon 35 and45.The lenses that can work well with p65+
are the digarons witch are designed non symmetric.From phase one I had the answer that because the aptus 12 has similar ccd with p65+ will work well with digarons.What I want to ask is if any one has experience working with aptus 12 and digaron 23 because it is very difficult for me to find that lens for test and I dont want to invest the very many $ with out being sure there is no problem whit this back-lens combination.
Thank you in advance
Panagiotis
Interesting .... I have the 28 Rodenstock on a leaf10 , it really is the limit of the image circle - the 23 has the same diameter circle.Both are excellent lenses - colour cast is easily corrected . I have the 12 back on order with the new Rodenstock 32W - it has a much bigger circle - on paper it looks like a good combo , will let you know when it arrives.
Would love to hear more about your impressions of the new 12 back!!

Cheers JOHN

P

panagiotis

Hello John,
Thank you for the informations.I think after the 23 I will order the digaron 32
so it will be very nice to post here your opinion about your lens and aptus 12.
As I can read here I must be one of the very first owners of aptus 12.
May be because I live near to Israel,may be mosad arranged a delivery with a
Zodiack because I havent been charged for currier,Idont know why but I have the aptus 12 since last week.
The results are very nice.I have done some tests with phase one df camera,
the normal 80 leaf shatter lens and the new 35mm marked as phase one lens.
The results of the 80 are very good.The image is very sharp.I think the image quality is ok.With the 35 I was very impressed,it is very sharp all over the image,it has almost invisible color fringing at the edges and is easily comparable with an apo grandagon d I have.To tell the truth when I ordered the lens I thought Im ordering a more or less fast snap shot lens,
have in mind the results of mamiya 28,but it is not.It is what one can say
nice lens.
Now for the aptus 12 the results are very good.The file is big, colors dalsa like ok,and the noise is not disturbing under 10 sec.To me it is better to shot
no more than 5 sec for best results.
I will try some more tests the next days and I will post.
Panagiotis

Christopher

I can tell you that the Rodenstock HR-W 32, is amazing. I have used it now for a few weeks with my P65 and I couldn't be happier. The only drawback is that you have to handle it like a raw egg, it is huge and haevy, compared to Schneider Glass.

P

panagiotis

I have just received an email from leaf with 3 files from aptus 12 and digaron 23.The results are very good with no color cast and with almost invisible raised grain at the very edges of the image.
I want to thank leaf for the very fast reaction in solving my problem.

yaya

I have just received an email from leaf with 3 files from aptus 12 and digaron 23.The results are very good with no color cast and with almost invisible raised grain at the very edges of the image.
I want to thank leaf for the very fast reaction in solving my problem.
Glad we were able to help and that I could find those files:)

cheers, yair

Stefan Steib

Hello Yair

we are in the process of setting up an Aptus II 12 with our HCam-B1 and the Canon TS17mm and 24mm(V2) lenses. As soon as I have some samples I will set up a link here for full res raws.

Greetings from Munich

Stefan

BJNY

Stefan,
Is the version of the HCam without the motorised sliding back
much smaller in size?
Thank you,
Billy

P

panagiotis

Hello Yair,
Do you have any sample with the 43xl and 20mm shift?Is 20mm shift possible with that lens-db combination?
Thank you in advance
Panagiotis

Stefan Steib

Billy

no the body is essentially the same, but we do this on 2 reasons:
First all repro/technical/industrial guys will not need the slider anyway
and second this will bring down pricing about 900 €.
the weight will be less (as the transport motor and mechanics is not needed) and of course only parts which are there can break - so I guess this will make the camera even more rugged.

Greetings from Munich
Stefan

P

panagiotis

Hello,
Just some snap shots with phase df 80Ls and 35.I dont know if the shots are some how interesting,I have to mention the very low noise and the very sharp
results specially from the 80.Next test will be with a digaron 23.I hope it will arrives soon!
Best regards From Greece
Panagiotis

BradleyGibson

Panagiotis, thank you for sharing! (It seems the drivers in Greece drive even faster than in Italy!)

I would love to see some of these full-resolution--particularly the second from the bottom, right column. Let me know if you would be willing to share the raw or a full-res sample.

I noticed you highlighted a couple of spots on that image--what were you pointing out?

Many thanks,
-Brad

P

panagiotis

Hello Brad,
I dont have any problem to share a tif or a mos file.send me your email and I can send you the Photos with you send it.If you check the names of the files
you will see that the areas of the images I have marked are shown with more detail on the next two files.What is impressive with the Image you specify is not the lost driver but that the noise is low at the parts of the image that are lighted for 30 seconds and at others that lighted from the cars lights for three
or four seconds.
best regards
Panagiotis