The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf 22wi on PC?

gsking

Yair et al,

I'm seeing some conflicting information on using Leaf backs (specifically 22wi) on PC?

Will it not work tethered?

If not, will the back store images on the digital magazine without the Ipaq connected?

Or does either an Ipaq or a Macintosh have to be connected to the back at all times to function?

Thanks,
Greg

yaya

Yair et al,

I'm seeing some conflicting information on using Leaf backs (specifically 22wi) on PC?

Will it not work tethered?

If not, will the back store images on the digital magazine without the Ipaq connected?

Or does either an Ipaq or a Macintosh have to be connected to the back at all times to function?

Thanks,
Greg
Hi Greg,

It's a no go for tethering on a PC as there is no Windows driver for the Valeo.

If the hard-drive (Digital Magazine) is set properly then you don't need the iPaq to shoot, but you need it for choosing the correct settings for the back (mainly camera type and iso) and it is handy for checking exposure and focus

You can pick an old iPaq for next to nothing and run it either via Bluetooth or with a cable, it'll make life easy for you.

On a PC you'll be able to use ACR/ LR or Leaf Capture 11.2.9 for editing and processing the files

BTW we have a section dedicated to legacy products on the User Forum where there are some experienced people who can share their knowledge:)

Best of luck!

Yair

gsking

Yair,

Thanks a lot.

I can also try to run Macintosh on a PC laptop, but you're right, the Ipaq route is easier.

It works via Bluetooth as well?? Much easier than cable.

Any model Ipaq you recommend? Do they all do BT?

Thanks for the links. Hopefully 11.2.9 is easier than C1. I never got along well with that program.

yaya

Yair,

Thanks a lot.

I can also try to run Macintosh on a PC laptop, but you're right, the Ipaq route is easier.

It works via Bluetooth as well?? Much easier than cable.

Any model Ipaq you recommend? Do they all do BT?

Thanks for the links. Hopefully 11.2.9 is easier than C1. I never got along well with that program.
You'll need a 6-pin or a 9-pin port on the PC or to run it with a PCMCIA/ SATA adapter and a power supply...that along with a Mac emulation I think is not going to work...

The "Wi" in the "Valeo 22Wi" name refers to Bluetooth by the way...

You can do a search on the old Leaf Forum for more info on supported models etc...

gsking

LOL...I know...that "Wi" part hit me after I typed it. I just focused on the "portable tethered" part vs the real tethered part you have to use on the older Phase backs.

I'll let you know if the Hackintosh approach works...but hopefully, I won't have to try it.

I got your list of supported models from another thread:

hx2100, hx2400, hx2700 hx4700, rx5900, 110 and 210.

Thanks.

Now I just have to decide if I need to pawn my 300 2.8 to pay for this thing. ;-)