The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FINALLY! (Good screens and all)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just to be clear – and as stated a few minutes ago on my own forum, I was explicitly told by Phase One's CEO last Friday on a conference call that it was OK to post on Sunday evening my time.

Why this is the case I can't say. Indeed I never saw any information about a specific embargo time, only that the public announcement would be on Monday and that it was alright to publish on Sunday evening.

There were three other people on the conference call, so there is no doubt that this is clearly what was stated.

I have never broken an embargo, and never knowingly will.

If anyone has a problem with this they should contact Phase One's CEO.

Michael
Welcome to GetDPI Michael!

Interesting in that we (and obviously some dealers) were told very specifically that 6AM EST Monday was a strict embargo. One we'll adhere to regardless since that's what we were told.

etrigan63

Paul, I have to agree with you. Based on these specs, Hasselblad has just been surpassed again. One of the things that always bugged me about MFD was the crappy displays and the lack of advanced features. Sure IQ goes a long way, but the limitations one was forced to accept in order to achieve that IQ was hard for many to swallow. With Canon & Nikon encroaching on MFD pixel territory, MFD makers had to up the ante with features such as these or get their lunch stolen.

Terry

Paul, I have to agree with you. Based on these specs, Hasselblad has just been surpassed again. One of the things that always bugged me about MFD was the crappy displays and the lack of advanced features. Sure IQ goes a long way, but the limitations one was forced to accept in order to achieve that IQ was hard for many to swallow. With Canon & Nikon encroaching on MFD pixel territory, MFD makers had to up the ante with features such as these or get their lunch stolen.
As a tech camera shooter I am ecstatic. All the new tech works in my favor :D with these being key:
enhanced display with simple zooming
focus masking
live view (even slow is just fine)

Paul Spinnler

Carlos, what's even worse than being surpassed is cementing the image of being a follower rather than a leader. Since MFDB systems are closed, new entrants will have to considere wisely in which brand to invest 50k USD. I would invest in Phase One since they seem to be the most dynamic manufacturers. Hasselblad has a great marketing dept. - but this alone is worth nothing when innovation doesn't come through in real world technology advancements ...

Anders_HK

As a Leaf user two reflections:

1. Very nice design and nice features, high price.

2. Display is wider than 3:2, in fact appear similar proportions to Aptus II-10. Odd the available real estate is not utilized better.

Regards
Anders

[Image below from Luminous-Landscape.com]

Last edited:

f8orbust

Maximum exposure time of 1 minute...hmmm...looks like the P45/P45+ is still king of the hill for long exposures. Using Schneider lenses with Center Filters and ND grads (on my Cambo), I regularly go way over 1 minute, so it doesn't look like this one is for me.

goesbang

As a Leaf user two reflections:

1. Very nice design and nice features, high price.

2. Display is wider than 3:2, in fact appear similar proportions to Aptus II-10. Odd the available real estate is not utilized better.

Regards
Anders

[Image below from Luminous-Landscape.com]
Boys and Girls,
It's just a few hours away, so ease up on the speculation. There is much more to this new platform than has leaked.
I have inside info also, but like Guy, I'll wait until after the embargo.
The back and the files really IS AWESOME.;)
Cheers,

archivue

"Maximum exposure time of 1 minute...hmmm...looks like the P45/P45+ is still king of the hill for long exposures... "

+1

for my use, i will shop for a back with long exposures capabilities... i don't think i'm alone in this situation !

Maximum exposure time of 1 minute...hmmm...looks like the P45/P45+ is still king of the hill for long exposures. Using Schneider lenses with Center Filters and ND grads (on my Cambo), I regularly go way over 1 minute, so it doesn't look like this one is for me.
one nignt with a P45 and 4 batteries I could do 8 or 10 shots ... with the King for long exposure

jdbfreeheel

Phase One steps it up a notch (or ten.... and I just spent some serious dough on old technology, lol!)
Shelby...just remember the 'old tech' didn't get worse, the new tech just got better. So...a year or two from now...this $43k back can be yours so slightly less.

-Josh