The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Special Announcement: Phase One new IQ backs

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
No worries Jack and I will have plenty for you end of the week. Trust us.:D

They actually have some basic ones on there website I believe at least that was what we where told

Christopher

Just as information as far as I have been told, the upgrad price from a p65 to a IQ180 is 12000eur without taxes. In addition I was told there won't be any 40 to 40 or 60 to 60 upgrades .........

JSK Rangefinder

No worries Jack and I will have plenty for you end of the week. Trust us.:D

They actually have some basic ones on there website I believe at least that was what we where told

can't wait:thumbup:

hopefully by then I'll finish my garage sale..
so I can add up those few percents that I always needed
just not to walk away from a good deal :ROTFL:

Dan Santoso

what no 60 to 60 upgrades? that's ridiculous!!!

I bought the P65+ in 6/10, missed the guarantee program by 3 months and now I have to pay 15,000 more for a new LCD (best feature I want) that due a long time ago!!

I can live with P65+!! What a disappointment!!

Maybe I should have stayed and use my Sony A900 instead.

Christopher

Well perhaps its different in Otter countires but that is what my Dealer told me Today.

I am Not surre if i will Upgrade, i don't really see any sense in getting 20 more MP but it looks like the only option here.

Guy Mancuso

I think the lateral stuff is still in the air. Lets wait for final confirmation on that too as i was looking at that as well as others are. Jack and I will certainly be asking these kinds of questions and i am sure the dealers are going around about this topic with Phase.

JSK Rangefinder

Maybe I should have stayed and use my Sony A900 instead.
that is exactly what I did last 2 years.. used my Canons and basically rent Phase/Hassy when I needed it... now it's a different story altogether since the actress from our latest movie was nominated for Golden Globes :) we didn't win.. but at this point nomination for our movie is good enough excuse for me to finally go and get one of these Phase IQ backs :p

Steve Hendrix

I don't have any confirmation yet on the status of sideways upgrades. For my part, I am for it. I hope to know with more certainty later today or tomorrow.

Paul - that's an interesting take on the Aptus-II 12 to IQ180 upgrade. Well...it's a grey liner. 80% off, that follows the formula. It's not exactly a sideways, because it is not a Phase One product....

Hmmm....will be asking about this also. I'll get back to you.

Steve Hendrix

JSK Rangefinder

5 year warranty is included in $44,000.00 or is it extra $1000.00 per every year?

or does it come with 1 year warranty at 44,000.00$ and then
additional $1000.00 x number of years?

Arjuna

... it looks like approximately $22K for the IQ140, ... The existing P40+ ... will remain in production at approximately $10K less than the equivalent IQ model.
Even given some room with profit margins, if your existing P40+ now has a retail price of $12K, so maybe worth $10K as a refurb unit, then it would seem that the economics of a lateral trade-in program are not very promising.

Steve Hendrix

5 year warranty is included in $44,000.00 or is it extra $1000.00 per every year?

or does it come with 1 year warranty at 44,000.00$ and then
additional $1000.00 x number of years?

5 Year, Value Add Warranty is $4,000 additional on any IQ Series product. You also have the option of adding single year warranty, year by year, but I don't have confirmed pricing yet. Before this announcement, purchasing a one year extended warranty cost $699 ($1,499 with loaner provision) for <18MP product and $999 ($1,799 with loaner provision) on >22MP product.

Steve Hendrix

Guy Mancuso

Even given some room with profit margins, if your existing P40+ now has a retail price of $12K, so maybe worth $10K as a refurb unit, then it would seem that the economics of a lateral trade-in program are not very promising.
My very concern here.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
how so? Do you think the 3fps live preview is sufficient to arrange and compose an image?

Currently I do it at 1frame per 10 secs with my Alpa ...

Shoot, adjust, delete

Repeat till I like.

3 fps will be a nice improvement.

Steve Hendrix

This is extremely unsubstantiated at this point. In fact I would just say it is not real. Pricing has not changed on P+ product and I don't expect it to in the short term. If/when it does, I do not believe it would be that extreme.

Steve Hendrix

mAlKhamis

That would seriously break my heart :deadhorse: specially it's been six months since i got my P40+ :(

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Steve I like you more and more everyday bud. LOL

Okay than my back is for sale 15k LOL
Scary truth - I paid less than that for a new P40+ !! :D However, if you can get $15k, I'll offer up a second one at that price. :cool:

There's definitely margin there for lateral MP upgrades. The IQ digital backs are more expensive then their Pxx+ brethren after all.