Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Announcement: Phase One new IQ backs

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Arrow Special Announcement: Phase One new IQ backs

New press release for Phase One IQ backs. This was in Embargo till 6 am this morning.

Phase One Announces IQ Series
    Digital Camera Backs

Designed for Ultimate Creative Freedom

Copenhagen, January 24, 2011 — Phase One, the world’s leading pro photography equipment provider, today announced a bold new generation of medium format digital camera backs. The Phase One IQ180, IQ160 and IQ140 digital camera backs feature maximum resolutions of 80, 60.5 and 40 high quality megapixels respectively. This series sets new standards for medium format camera system handling and performance.

The Phase One IQ180 captures at full-frame 80 megapixel resolution, with a dynamic range of 12.5 f-stops. It is the first product of its kind to feature a USB3 connection, facilitating faster image transfers in the future. The IQ180 also features a FireWire 800 connection, ensuring the fastest tethered capture speeds possible today. For untethered shooting, the IQ180 digital back’s new memory card interface is so fast that it eliminates buffering delays, supporting continuous shooting until a card is filled.

“I am amazed by the image quality I’ve gotten ‘out of the box’ with the Phase One IQ180 on the Phase One 645DF camera. I can create images with more detail and unique looks than with any other camera out there. It helps me develop styles unique to me,” said lifestyle photographer Jens Honoré. (website: http://www.jenshonore.com/)

A newly-designed 3.2 inch retina type, multi touch screen features 1.15 megapixel resolution, providing the highest resolution and largest display of any SLR type camera available today. This means that very fine details can be checked instantly during a photo shoot -- for instance using Phase One’s unique Focus Mask and the instant zoom function. The automatic adjustment of brightness and contrast ensures that the display is visible under various light conditions.

Context-sensitive controls, such as the instant zoom function, allow a photographer to zoom into an image using one finger only. Small histograms and highlight warnings can be enlarged to full screen view by a simple touch. The new Focus Mask available during preview helps validate depth-of-field and image focus. The wide format display allows for a full 4:3 aspect ratio VGA resolution image next to histogram, highlight warning, focus mask, EXIF data, and touch controls. This touch screen display is complemented by Phase One’s intuitive 4-button navigation.

“The new high-resolution multi touch screen with its intuitive controls is a perfect tool for checking image quality right at the moment of capture. With this display quality, I can leave my laptop at home, and ultimately this makes my work easier,” said architectural photographer, Eugeni Pons. (website: http://www.eugeni-pons.com/)

Phase One’s patent-pending Sensor+ technology, built into the Phase One IQ180, supports a variety of shooting conditions. One can capture images with full 80 megapixels resolution or, using Sensor+ mode, switch instantly to capture images with 20 megapixels resolution at 4 times higher sensitivity, up to ISO 3200. This flexibility is very useful under low light conditions; there is no need to slow down to change cameras, and there’s no crop or lens factor. One gets the maximum wide-angle performance from the existing lens, higher ISO levels, and a faster workflow.

According to fashion photographer Stefan Kapfer, “The new IQ180 suits my work very well. I can use the full 80 megapixel resolution for my high end fashion shots, and the 20 megapixel images I get from the Sensor+ technology give me a faster workflow when I do work for catalogue production. It’s really two perfect solutions in one system.” (website: http://www.stefankapfer.de/)

Compatibility is improved between the IQ digital backs and the Phase One 645DF camera body. The power state of the digital back can now be controlled directly from the 645DF camera. An integrated battery charger ensures that the battery is charged while one is shooting tethered, offering more shooting versatility.

Capture One 6
    Capture One 6 has been optimized for shooting with Phase One IQ digital backs. Together with the IQ series backs this professional RAW converter and image editing software will deliver the world’s highest image quality with excellent color and detail. The software comprises all the tools required to capture, organize, edit, share and print images for an efficient workflow.

Reliability and Service
    Pro photographers can rely on Phase One IQ digital backs to get their jobs done. Their highly durable build quality is designed and tested to work in the toughest environments, including extreme heat, cold and humidity.

All Phase One products represent long-term investment value with superior service. For professionals, this protection is priceless, especially when shooting in unfamiliar situations and locations around the world.

Various service levels are available for Phase One IQ digital backs. For example, a value-added option includes a life-time (5 year) warranty, a free loaner unit during repair and other options. Phase One offers 365 days round the clock support delivered on-line and backed up by dedicated partners and a global support team.
    For a complete list of all the new Phase One IQ digital back features, including supported camera bodies, please see www.phaseone.com/iq

Availability and Pricing
    The Phase One IQ180 is expected to be available end of April 2011. The Phase One IQ160 and IQ140 are expected to be available end of May 2011. The products may be ordered now through Phase One professional photography partners worldwide: www.phaseone.com/partners

Prices for new digital backs start at 16.990 EUR / 21.990 USD. Attractive upgrade offers are available for all existing Phase One photographers.
    People interested in a demo of the new products can sign up for a live demo here: www.phaseone.com/demo

About Phase One
    Phase One is the world’s leader in open-platform based medium format camera systems and solutions. Phase One medium format cameras, digital backs and lenses are designed to deliver superior quality image capture and investment value. Phase One’s Capture One software helps streamline capture and post-production processes. Phase One products are known for their quality, flexibility and speed enabling pro photographers shooting in a wide range of formats to achieve their creative visions without compromise. For more information, please visit Phase One at http://www.phaseone.com. Follow Phase One on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/PhaseOneWW

Phase One is an employee-owned company based in Copenhagen with offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Cologne, Shanghai and Hong Kong.

Phase One and Capture One are registered trademarks of Phase One A/S. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

# # #

Phase One PR Contact
    Kathy Madison, Arcand & Madison Public Relations
    Phone: +1.781.259.1764
    E-mail: Kathy(at)am-pr.com
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Special Announcement: Phase One new IQ backs

Also another special announcement for GetDPI. Phase One has asked Jack and I to get a first look with shooting the new 80 mpx back this week for a full day in San Francisco along with Kevin Raber and executive management of Phase One. As usual Jack and i will give it our full attention along with reviews,posted images and a few surprises to come. After this week the back will go on a run across the country to all the dealers for product demo's and such. Watch for dealers special announcements on demo's and events around the country along with pricing and upgrade paths for existing Phase One shooters.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As the day unfolds and more data is announced outside this press release and some features not published yet to me this is not just another band aid. This is a revolutionary product for MF backs. This is very exciting I have to admit and although not exactly planning to upgrade this year. This does make a case for thinking about it sooner than later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Don't take this to the bank as initial pricing is a bit soft due to the Euro-Dollar conversion, and trade-up details are fuzzy. But with that disclaimer it looks like approximately $22K for the IQ140, $35K for the IQ160 and $44K for the IQ180 backs. The existing P40+ ad P65+ will remain in production at approximately $10K less than the equivalent IQ model. The trade-up program is confusing, but initial comments suggested that you take a discount off the new back based on the MP count of your trade-in back. So if I understood that correctly, in theory a P40+ trade would get you 40% off whatever back you want to upgrade to.

I'm sure more concise and accurate pricing and upgrade information will be forthcoming.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Morning everyone . Its 3 am my time and going back to bed. LOL

I'll be flying over to SF this week to meet up with Jack and we will be giving this thing a run for our special report on it. Thanks Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not mentioned in the Press release is the back battery is inside the back for weather sealing. It uses the same battery as our existing batteries but it is inside a rubber gasket sealed door. Pretty cool idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the new look of this, even if I can't imagine ever being able to afford one. Hope they come out with a better body option soon too, the DF is, IMHO, in dire need of a total rethink.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The DF is the best they have come out with to date but that does not mean they are not working on something new in the future. IMHO it is now there weakest link in the system but I still actually like the DF myself. It actually fits me but others certainly do not. Just like any other cam. But it does function so much better than previous models for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Some basic images from the back should be up soon on the Phase website. Here is the link in advance.

http://www.phaseone.com/sitecore/ser...w.phaseone.com

Again Jack and I will be giving it a full ride this week so keep a eye out for that special report. Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to Phase for keeping four-buttons as an alternative instead of going to just touch screen - sometimes buttons work better so now we can use both. The only downside to the new design is lack of a rotating sensor for us tech camera users.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I agree Tim I first read it as the buttons are on screen but i would rather them be where they have been outside on there own. This keeps our hands off the screen for Full Images. If you read this correctly which i am still going back and rereading it seems like a FULL 4:3 image with data on the side like histo, exif, highlight control . So they moved the on screen data off to the side of the image. Which is brillant as you can see your full image than zoom in or better yet use the focus mask to see if your in or not. Tech cam owners should be THRILLED at this. Rotating sensor would have been nice i agree but maybe no room inside now by enclosing the battery but that is speculation on my part. I'm sure the Phase folks will comment on some of the tech here soon or i will ask these questions this week.

BTW if folks have questions that want us to ask , we can start a list and we can present them to the Phase folks. We will be with Kevin Raber which leads up the PODAS workshops. Murray Elliot VP of Sales and Claus Pederson President of Phase one.

Also all our dealers that are members here will be online most likely all day fielding questions as well and have there own special announcements.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ernst View Post
    Kudos to Phase for keeping four-buttons as an alternative instead of going to just touch screen - sometimes buttons work better so now we can use both. The only downside to the new design is lack of a rotating sensor for us tech camera users.
    Are you saying you can't mount it vertically or it doesn't rotate internally like the Leaf?

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If the image review is as sharp as it initially appears then that'll be one big plus with the new camera alone!!

I think Tim is referring to lack of rotating sensor - you can still mount the back in portrait mode as you would do today.

For tech camera use I'd like to know more about the power modes & need or not for wake up cables etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they saved a bit of screen real estate by locating the buttons kind of on the side. One thing to note though about this great new big screen - the actual 4:3 image will be smaller than the width of the screen since it can't take up the entire screen uncropped, and you must make room for the histo on the side, but it is still miles ahead of what they have now, and of course it is not just more real estate since the screen will be so much better image quality to begin with. The fullscreen advertising shots they are using are obviously cropped and not 4:3 - the end result will be something in between what they have now and a Leaf screen size.

No internal rotating sensor like Leaf - you can remove and rotate the back as normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

From what it sounds like it will be more like a Iphone display but with even better resolution. Have to see this in person this week but it sounds awesome. If it is really good tethering could be less of a issue and getting proper focus that you can SEE on screen would be a major break through IMHO. From what i read right now sounds like the best thing around in regards to LCD. Even it does take some small real estate for the info display on the side it will still be big enough I think for image. Jack and I will be looking at that very hard and show images of that specifically for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This comment in the press release does sound really good.

A newly-designed 3.2 inch retina type, multi touch screen features 1.15 megapixel resolution, providing the highest resolution and largest display of any SLR type camera available today. This means that very fine details can be checked instantly during a photo shoot -- for instance using Phase One’s unique Focus Mask and the instant zoom function. The automatic adjustment of brightness and contrast ensures that the display is visible under various light conditions.

So even lets say for example wide it maybe for image only 2.75 inches wide. Have to measure of course but maybe we can get a answer on that today. That still seems darn big for a LCD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    I agree Tim I first read it as the buttons are on screen but i would rather them be where they have been outside on there own. This keeps our hands off the screen for Full Images. If you read this correctly which i am still going back and rereading it seems like a FULL 4:3 image with data on the side like histo, exif, highlight control . So they moved the on screen data off to the side of the image. Which is brillant as you can see your full image than zoom in or better yet use the focus mask to see if your in or not. Tech cam owners should be THRILLED at this. Rotating sensor would have been nice i agree but maybe no room inside now by enclosing the battery but that is speculation on my part. I'm sure the Phase folks will comment on some of the tech here soon or i will ask these questions this week.

BTW if folks have questions that want us to ask , we can start a list and we can present them to the Phase folks. We will be with Kevin Raber which leads up the PODAS workshops. Murray Elliot VP of Sales and Claus Pederson President of Phase one.

Also all our dealers that are members here will be online most likely all day fielding questions as well and have there own special announcements.

Look forward to seeing your test Jack and Guy. But the real party will be in Atlanta, Feb 8 and 9 where the US launch will take place with all the officials from Phase One and Capture Integration will host a opportunity for anyone to shoot with this new amazing technology for the first time.

This is the year that MF DIgital Photography will change. We have all be waiting on the flavor enriched products to arrive and they have done an excellent job on this product.

Hope to se both of you in Atlanta where Dr Claus will tell us everything he did to make this camera what every has wanted.

Sincerely,

Chris Snipes
    Sales Manager, Florida
    Capture Integration
    http://www.captureintegration.com

2010 Phase One Partner of the Year
    Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

404.522.7662 Atlanta
    305.350.9900 Miami
    877.217.9870 National
    813.335.2473 Cell

Subscribe to our RSS Feed

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Morning Chris I wish Jack and I could make it to your event but we start our winter workshop that day here in AZ. Bummed to be honest as it sounds really nice too. Folks should try to go and get there hands on this for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    But with that disclaimer it looks like approximately $22K for the IQ140, $35K for the IQ160 and $44K for the IQ180 backs. The existing P40+ ad P65+ will remain in production at approximately $10K less than the equivalent IQ model.
    so in turn about 10K for the LCD with the new iPhone-like navigation options, focus mask feature and "some kind of live preview". Other than that there are not so much features compared to the P+ backs.
    Makes the Leaf Apt.II 12 even more attractive...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Firewire 800, USB 3 and several other things as well but yes everyone will have to see how much this will or will not change there life and decide. We still have to hear the official pricing and upgrade path for sure. I was even thinking a lateral move but need to sit down and figure that all out myself. Going to be interesting for sure.

Problem is i get this bloody thing in my hands i will want it. leaving CC at home

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that the 60mp version sensor will be a bit wider than the 80mp version - 53.9 vs. 53.7. It is nice to see that Phase is now finally naming their backs correctly instead of adding five extra mpxls - that was always a bit confusing. I'd say they did a great job with this upgrade overall, and I've already placed my order - I'll be completing a new picture book project in May so hope to be able to get one for the last few weeks of shooting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

While I have to say, that 10k for a better LCD sounds a lot, we don't really know it yet. I still hope LL is right and there is some type of Semi Liveview, however even the new LCD is for me more tempting than the Leaf one. I still think the same as then, the screen is certainly better than the P+ screens, but still fare behind, what it should be. So for me the new screens on the IQ series is really how it should be.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalcameraman View Post
    Look forward to seeing your test Jack and Guy. But the real party will be in Atlanta, Feb 8 and 9
    No disrespect is intended here - he simply means we'll have burlesque dancers at our event. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The IQ 160 and IQ 140 use the same sensor as the P40 and P65. The only sensor change is the IQ 180 which use the the new sensor the leaf back has. Sizing I am not sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dougpetersonci View Post
    No disrespect is intended here - he simply means we'll have burlesque dancers at our event. :-)
    Oh and i get 7 guys. I'm bailing now. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Chris I wish Jack and I could make it to your event but we start our winter workshop that day here in AZ. Bummed to be honest as it sounds really nice too. Folks should try to go and get there hands on this for sure.
    Good Morning Guy, how many have you had so far, espressos that is. Me just one. I might need a third one today will all this going on.

We are very excited about what they have built and I am sure you and Jack will be too once you see it in the flesh. I did see that you were just getting your workshops started. Good luck on that.

Look for Capture Integration to bring our Capture 6.0 Serious Technical Training workshop to Phoenix this year. I will be handling the schedule and marketing for that seminar this year. Doug, Dave and myself will be attending these seminars and will be a great chance to shoot with some of the new products and learn more about the power of Capture 6.0. We will be traveling across the US to offering these in major cities. Atlanta will be the kick off along with the launch of the new Phase One IQ Digital Backs, followed by a full day of Technical Training on Capture One 6.0.

Chris Snipes (e-mail Me)

Ask me about the new Phase One IQ Digital Camera Backs

Sales Manager
    Phase One Partner of the Year, again

National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 813-335-2473
    Newsletter | RSS Feed
    Buy Capture One at 10% off

================================================== ====

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    While I have to say, that 10k for a better LCD sounds a lot, we don't really know it yet. I still hope LL is right and there is some type of Semi Liveview, however even the new LCD is for me more tempting than the Leaf one. I still think the same as then, the screen is certainly better than the P+ screens, but still fare behind, what it should be. So for me the new screens on the IQ series is really how it should be.
    maybe the new LCDs are great and fully usable. Fine then.
    In the DSLR-world those kind of new features are more or less a "free" upgrades... new camera models typically go for about the same prices as the respective predeccesor. The same goes for cars or any other products.
    So the price difference of the P65+ to the IQ160 is somewhat surprising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalcameraman View Post
    Good Morning Guy, how many have you had so far, espressos that is. Me just one. I might need a third one today will all this going on.

We are very excited about what they have built and I am sure you and Jack will be too once you see it in the flesh. I did see that you were just getting your workshops started. Good luck on that.

Look for Capture Integration to bring our Capture 6.0 Serious Technical Training workshop to Phoenix this year. I will be handling the schedule and marketing for that seminar this year. Doug, Dave and myself will be attending these seminars and will be a great chance to shoot with some of the new products and learn more about the power of Capture 6.0. We will be traveling across the US to offering these in major cities. Atlanta will be the kick off along with the launch of the new Phase One IQ Digital Backs, followed by a full day of Technical Training on Capture One 6.0.

Chris Snipes (e-mail Me)

Ask me about the new Phase One IQ Digital Camera Backs

Sales Manager
    Phase One Partner of the Year, again

Newsletter | RSS Feed

================================================== ====
    Let me know when in Phoenix i will certainly come and sit in for sure and brush up on my C1 skills. Doug always has a surprise or two for me with C1. I'm on number 2 with espresso's. Need to drive my wife to airport than i may go back to bed. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sorry folks forgot the press release in PDF form.

Post Thanks / Like

Yah I will be mad if the trade in from P65+ tp IQ80 will cost a fortune.:bang:

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    maybe the new LCDs are great and fully usable. Fine then.
    In the DSLR-world those kind of new features are more or less a "free" upgrades... new camera models typically go for about the same prices as the respective predeccesor. The same goes for cars or any other products.
    So the price difference of the P65+ to the IQ160 is somewhat surprising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Need to watch these tutorials folks. Looks like the 4 button controls are both on the buttons themselves like today or on screen and watch how big even the image is with histo info plus you can go full screen without histo and such. Loads of control

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Digital-B...Tutorials.aspx

Have to admit this is damn slick. I'm sitting here justifying and that is big trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Santoso View Post
    Yah I will be mad if the trade in from P65+ tp IQ80 will cost a fortune.:bang:
    $43,990 less 65% Discount = $15,396 would be your upgrade cost.

So $28,593 is the value applied to the upgrade.

Chris Snipes (e-mail Me)

Ask me about Phase One IQ Camera Backs

Sales Manager, Capture Integration
    Phase One Partner of the Year, Again

Newsletter | RSS Feed

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Chris since your still on and i started knitting my new Ski mask.

can you give me upgrade from my P40+ to a lateral move than to a IQ 160. Lets realize prices are not set in stone just a idea would be great. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Chris since your still on and i started knitting my new Ski mask.

can you give me upgrade from my P40+ to a lateral move than to a IQ 160. Lets realize prices are not set in stone just a idea would be great. Thanks
    Guy:

At this point we do not have a clear understanding of how they are handling Upgrades from a P40 to a IQ 140. Or P65+ to IQ 160.

The price of the new back is $21,990. But the upgrade paths that were published only include going up to a bigger back.

So we are trying to get this confirmed in The AM. Dave Gallagher is on his way back from the release in Dubai and maybe he knows more on that.

As you know we are very creative at Capture Integration so we might need to structure something different than the standard upgrades. We should have a good handle on this by the end of the day. I asked that question yesterday too.

Just keeping knitting that ski mask, black of course, with a blue 1 on the front for identification purposes on the video cameras. LOL :bang:

Chris Snipes (e-mail Me)
    Ask me about new Phase One IQ Digital Camera Backs

Sales Manager, Capture Integration
    2010 Phase One Partner of the Year

Post Thanks / Like

So what exactly is the "some form of LIVE VIEW"

I'm sure there are a lot of people like me that are VERY interested in finding out what this feature is.

Can we get an answer on this

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Chris....

I sent Dave an email a bit ago so I guess I won't hear from him for a while unless there is wifi on his flight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes thanks Chris. I know that was a tough or maybe better said early question to ask. Progressing with ski mask. I'm such a gear slut not sure i can resist this.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean you are a gear slut. I use Hasselblad and have just upgraded to the 60 but this does make me drool, drip on my keyboard and wanna buy it. A real almost uncontrollable urge.

Good job by Phase, the 80MP back was kind of expected by everyone but they have taken it a lot further than that.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Don't take this to the bank as initial pricing is a bit soft due to the Euro-Dollar conversion, and trade-up details are fuzzy. But with that disclaimer it looks like approximately $22K for the IQ140, $35K for the IQ160 and $44K for the IQ180 backs. The existing P40+ ad P65+ will remain in production at approximately $10K less than the equivalent IQ model. The trade-up program is confusing, but initial comments suggested that you take a discount off the new back based on the MP count of your trade-in back. So if I understood that correctly, in theory a P40+ trade would get you 40% off whatever back you want to upgrade to.

I'm sure more concise and accurate pricing and upgrade information will be forthcoming.
    http://www.captureintegration.com/20...ries-upgrades/

There are two separate upgrade promotions. One for Phase One owners and one for owners of other digital backs.

Still working on cross-grade pricing (e.g. P40+ --> IQ140).

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
    Phase One Partner of the Year

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
    Newsletter | RSS Feed
    Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well the interface has got me turned on for sure. I'm past the need stage it is the want stage that scares me. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So if upgrading everywhere is the Same, it just hurst. Sorry, but paying nearly 13.000 US to upgrade from a P65 to a IQ160 is just way to much. And that's not even a 5 year warrantee included....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Do you mean a IQ 180 not a IQ 160.

Like to see out of pocket price than these percentages.

Post Thanks / Like

What are you / Phase actually doing with all the upgraded backs? Sell them as refurbished? If yes, there may be quite a bit of second hand stuff coming on the market. Not a bad prospect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nope I'm talking about p65 to iq160, I mean perhaps to the 80, but really thorns no need for it. I mean 60mp are more than enough. However, if these stupid % stick it only makes sense to go from a p65 to a iq180.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well the interface has got me turned on for sure. I'm past the need stage it is the want stage that scares me. LOL
    Yes Guy , it is the WANT STAGE that scares me too .

Some people in this forum must realize that PHASE ONE's announcement has stirred up a hornets nest .

:bang:
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

It make no sense to pay 13.000 US to upgrade from 65+ to 160!!!

It is not fair for 65+ owner like me when Phase one introduces 160 in much cheaper price. (I bought it on 6/10) Another 3-4 months they have the new trade in policy, not fair!!

It has the same sensor, no way im paying over 10,000 to just change the case, LCD, and connection!!

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GMB View Post
    What are you / Phase actually doing with all the upgraded backs? Sell them as refurbished? If yes, there may be quite a bit of second hand stuff coming on the market. Not a bad prospect.
    Correct. Half the backs we sell are used or refurbished. It's a great option for photographers who don't have the budget for the newer backs.

If you can afford them the new backs UI and features will make it easier, faster, and more viscerally pleasant to shoot.

If you can't the Phase One P40+ and Phase One P65+ offer the same image quality as the Phase One IQ140 and Phase One IQ160 at a lower cost of entry.

In fact we still sell a fair number of Phase One H25 units. They have no LCD and anything above ISO100 is questionable, but for table-top product/still-life guys who tether 99% of their shots this offers fantastic quality, platform versatility (RZ/View-Camera/645) at a price of not much more than a 5DII Kit.

Newsletter | RSS Feed

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Santoso View Post
    It make no sense to pay 13.000 US to upgrade from 65+ to 160!!!

It is not fair for 65+ owner like me when Phase one introduces 160 in much cheaper price. (I bought it on 6/10) Another 3-4 months they have the new trade in policy, not fair!!

It has the same sensor, no way im paying over 10,000 to just change the case, LCD, and connection!!
    Cross grade pricing has not be finalized. The Phase One IQ Upgrade Promotions are just for upgrades (e.g. P40+ ---> IQ160, P65+ ---> IQ180).

Newsletter | RSS Feed

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit confused on the upgrade pricing discussion. I thought that Phase One were providing 90% purchased price protection for an upgrade within 18 months of original purchase?

Is this not correct?

Thanks,

Derek

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good question, just bad that it doesn't help me, after I spent already 40k in EURs on a P65, but well that was more like 22 months ago