The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 6.1. Wow! IQ 180 (grudgingly) WOW!

tashley

Subscriber Member
Had a studio shoot Thursday evening and used Capture Pilot and then C1 6.1 for the files from the P65+ for processing. What a joyous, fantastic session where everything worked and the files were great. C1 has, with this release, finally got to where I want it... Love the new features, speed, everything...

Then I just saw Jack and Guy's video of the new back in action and oh, dear, had to email the uk rep to say I think I want one. Initially I had thought that since there was only a marginal DR improvement I would wait for whatever the next gen sensors bring but boy oh boy does that new screen and o/s look set to solve a lot of 'shooting tech in the field' problems. If the focus mask works in live view (and assuming the live view works in daylight) then I will have been 'enabled'... Thanks chaps!

Exciting stuff!

Tim

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tim,

Yes indeed, this is a game changer. :D

Re tech cam and live view: With the speed and quality of 100% to 400% review-view and the new, larger histo, neither of us feel a hyper-need for knock your sox off live view. As it stands, the current 100-400% review virtually eliminates a hard need for sliding back, loupe and gg -- heck, by the time you mount all that up and use it, you can have focus bracketed and reviewed 3 or 4 hard frames for focus! Of course, the existing LCD is very readable/usable in bright Sun -- we did test and confirm that yesterday -- so if live-view does work as well in sunlight, then for certain it's a very beneficial feature for the tech user; just not a deal breaker if it doesn't in my opinion :)

Good times, good times for certain...

tashley

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jack - I can see how that might work well and obviate the strict need for live view and focus mask. Sighs.... reaches for wallet.... knows the quality of his photography will never justify the purchase...:D:D:D

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks Jack - I can see how that might work well and obviate the strict need for live view and focus mask. Sighs.... reaches for wallet.... knows the quality of his photography will never justify the purchase...:D:D:D
Gear sluts like us don't need to justify....and if we did, the best justification would be our unselfish support of free enterprise, world trade and solid R&D. We are helping the economy.

There, feel better now?

Bill

Terry

Ditto.

goesbang

I have been doing the MFDB thing since 1995 and I have seen a lot of technology come and go. When Hendrick used the term "game changer" in Cologne last year in connection with this back, I initially thought, "Yeah sure, more pre-launch hype". Then I caught the "cat that got the mouse" look on Claus Molgaard's face and I knew we were going to actually see some serious breakthroughs.
When they put the gear in my hands the day before the global dealer launch event here in Dubai, my heart skipped a beat.
Congrats and thank you to Team Phase One. You've actually rocked my world.
Cheers.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Gear sluts like us don't need to justify....and if we did, the best justification would be our unselfish support of free enterprise, world trade and solid R&D. We are helping the economy.

There, feel better now?

Bill
I've always been a big supporter of the Danish economy ;-)

tashley

Subscriber Member
Yup, the earth seems to be moving for me too! I should get my hands on the beast early this coming week. Can't wait!

I have been doing the MFDB thing since 1995 and I have seen a lot of technology come and go. When Hendrick used the term "game changer" in Cologne last year in connection with this back, I initially thought, "Yeah sure, more pre-launch hype". Then I caught the "cat that got the mouse" look on Claus Molgaard's face and I knew we were going to actually see some serious breakthroughs.
When they put the gear in my hands the day before the global dealer launch event here in Dubai, my heart skipped a beat.
Congrats and thank you to Team Phase One. You've actually rocked my world.
Cheers.