The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselbald web store

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well not sure how folks look at this . I guess you can take it two ways . Great a place to shop and get it done or you can look at it as where is the dealer in this to support you. This looks on the surface to eliminate the dealer.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Well not sure how folks look at this . I guess you can take it two ways . Great a place to shop and get it done or you can look at it as where is the dealer in this to support you. This looks on the surface to eliminate the dealer.

I agree - my first reaction was "How will the dealers react." There seem to be things promised in a week or two on the site (like the HC 50 II) that aren't on dealer shelves yet. This isn't like buying an ipod on the Apple site - you really need good dealer support when you buy one of these things.

It is not designed to rid the dealers and they have been in discussions with Hasselblad USA during setup.

You can specify a dealer in the webstore to receive your support from.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks David , I know you first read it and go okay this is good than think about it and wonder about the dealers. Nice that it is a combination and if helps the customer than it is all good. It is all about us you know. LOL

T

tetsrfun

"You can specify a dealer in the webstore to receive your support from."
It would be useful if the site provided a list of "Authorized Dealer Partners" (or maybe I have missed it.)

Steve

Leigh

This looks on the surface to eliminate the dealer.
There's an obvious problem with this.

Per Hasselblad policy, ALL product support must be initiated through the local retailer. This includes warranty and non-warranty repairs, exchanges, etc.

So I don't think the local retailer will be overly enthusiastic about supporting something he didn't sell in the first place. :shocked:

- Leigh

Guy Mancuso

Hey guys
Just so you know the press release is titled:

"Hasselblad USA, in Conjunction with Authorized Dealers, launches New Webstore"

my italics :) This is not about upsetting the dealers (I mean seriously why would they!!??)
Here's a link to the Press Release (Which Guy and Jack should have been sent I would think..)

http://press.hasselblad.com/press-releases/press-releases?region=131

Nick-T

Yes Nick . Hassy needs to get on the ball here with regards to the owners with press releases and such. We are more than happy to publish Press releases from ANY OEM that has a product announcement. It's all about the data and info. for our members.

Please pass this on. Thanks Guy

Guy Mancuso

Here folks

Today, Hasselblad USA announced the launch of the new Hasselblad USA Webstore at www.hasselbladusastore.com. This online store is being offered in conjunction with Hasselblad USA's Authorized Dealer Partners, offering photographers residing in the United States more options and accessibility to the best dealers, services, and support in the high end camera market. With the new webstore, Hasselblad USA and its Authorized Dealers provide fast turn-around times and a simple and straight forward buying experience for U.S. residents looking for Hasselblad photography solutions and support.

"After hearing feedback from the photography community, we came up with the webstore initiative in order to provide photographers with the best products, services, and support," said Tom Olesen, President, Hasselblad USA. "Now, photographers with access to local Authorized Hasselblad Dealers can take advantage of having both strong local support from their dealer and the factory support from Hasselblad USA. Photographers who are located in areas of the country with no local support alternatives now have a direct outlet to Hasselblad so they will experience the best service and support when making significant investment in high-end camera equipment. The message we received from the photography community is that of providing options. With the webstore initiative we feel we have answered the message by providing simple access to the industries best products and services through the expertise of both factory and dealer channel resources."

For information on current promotions of Hasselblad USA, please, visit the Hasselblad USA website at:
www.hasselbladusa.com/promotions/webshop-usa.aspx

Press contact:
Center of Service GmbH
Press Agency Hasselblad
Hammerbrookstrasse 93
20097 Hamburg
Germany

T: +49. 40. 25 40 48-28
F: +49. 40. 25 40 48-40
E: [email protected]
W: www.centerofservice.com

Nick-T

Hi Guy
I'm going to ask the question today and get you guys added to the press list if possible. Let me know what email address to give them either here or to [email protected]
Cheers
Nick-T

rem

and now we know, why we have to wait soo long for Phocus 2.6...;-)

Nick: remos at gmx dot net

There's an obvious problem with this.

Per Hasselblad policy, ALL product support must be initiated through the local retailer. This includes warranty and non-warranty repairs, exchanges, etc.

So I don't think the local retailer will be overly enthusiastic about supporting something he didn't sell in the first place. :shocked:

- Leigh
It is not an obvious problem if the dealer is also receiving revenue for it.

Nobody expects the dealers to work for free.

PeterA

you can have any colour blad you like - except black - sooo funny! :wtf::deadhorse::deadhorse:

why black? because the H body ( bless its soul) is dog ugly :angry:- almost as ugly as the Mamiya 645. :ROTFL:(which IS in black and therefore visually MUCH easier on the eye..)

Why do people stick with Contax? because the Contax isn't ugly!:ROTFL:

wake UP people! the best sports sedan in the world is a Nisan - and no one is buying it because...someone forgot to tell Nissan that people like their sports cars to look good...:ROTFL:

Design is as much abotu aesthetics as teh engineering crap inside - al these MF cameras look like they have been designed to shoot film and video...wait a minute:bugeyes::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Dustbak

Well. I at least expect one without hair when buying from the HasselBALD store.

I guess it is a better place to be than the HASSLEblad store :)