Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselbald web store

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselbald web store

Just what I needed to desensitize my spending, a store with almost nothing under $5,000!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Hasselbald web store

Go order a Berkin bag before it wears off.
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like

Hermès here I come!

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well not sure how folks look at this . I guess you can take it two ways . Great a place to shop and get it done or you can look at it as where is the dealer in this to support you. This looks on the surface to eliminate the dealer.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Well not sure how folks look at this . I guess you can take it two ways . Great a place to shop and get it done or you can look at it as where is the dealer in this to support you. This looks on the surface to eliminate the dealer.

I agree - my first reaction was "How will the dealers react." There seem to be things promised in a week or two on the site (like the HC 50 II) that aren't on dealer shelves yet. This isn't like buying an ipod on the Apple site - you really need good dealer support when you buy one of these things.

Post Thanks / Like

It is not designed to rid the dealers and they have been in discussions with Hasselblad USA during setup.

You can specify a dealer in the webstore to receive your support from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks David , I know you first read it and go okay this is good than think about it and wonder about the dealers. Nice that it is a combination and if helps the customer than it is all good. It is all about us you know. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

tetsrfun

"You can specify a dealer in the webstore to receive your support from."
    It would be useful if the site provided a list of "Authorized Dealer Partners" (or maybe I have missed it.)

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys
    Just so you know the press release is titled:

"Hasselblad USA, in Conjunction with Authorized Dealers, launches New Webstore"

my italics This is not about upsetting the dealers (I mean seriously why would they!!??)
    Here's a link to the Press Release (Which Guy and Jack should have been sent I would think..)

http://press.hasselblad.com/press-re...ses?region=131

Nick-T

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Hasselbald web store

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    This looks on the surface to eliminate the dealer.
    There's an obvious problem with this.

Per Hasselblad policy, ALL product support must be initiated through the local retailer. This includes warranty and non-warranty repairs, exchanges, etc.

So I don't think the local retailer will be overly enthusiastic about supporting something he didn't sell in the first place.

- Leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-T View Post
    Hey guys
    Just so you know the press release is titled:

"Hasselblad USA, in Conjunction with Authorized Dealers, launches New Webstore"

my italics This is not about upsetting the dealers (I mean seriously why would they!!??)
    Here's a link to the Press Release (Which Guy and Jack should have been sent I would think..)

http://press.hasselblad.com/press-re...ses?region=131

Nick-T

Yes Nick . Hassy needs to get on the ball here with regards to the owners with press releases and such. We are more than happy to publish Press releases from ANY OEM that has a product announcement. It's all about the data and info. for our members.

Please pass this on. Thanks Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here folks

Today, Hasselblad USA announced the launch of the new Hasselblad USA Webstore at www.hasselbladusastore.com. This online store is being offered in conjunction with Hasselblad USA's Authorized Dealer Partners, offering photographers residing in the United States more options and accessibility to the best dealers, services, and support in the high end camera market. With the new webstore, Hasselblad USA and its Authorized Dealers provide fast turn-around times and a simple and straight forward buying experience for U.S. residents looking for Hasselblad photography solutions and support.

"After hearing feedback from the photography community, we came up with the webstore initiative in order to provide photographers with the best products, services, and support," said Tom Olesen, President, Hasselblad USA. "Now, photographers with access to local Authorized Hasselblad Dealers can take advantage of having both strong local support from their dealer and the factory support from Hasselblad USA. Photographers who are located in areas of the country with no local support alternatives now have a direct outlet to Hasselblad so they will experience the best service and support when making significant investment in high-end camera equipment. The message we received from the photography community is that of providing options. With the webstore initiative we feel we have answered the message by providing simple access to the industries best products and services through the expertise of both factory and dealer channel resources."

For information on current promotions of Hasselblad USA, please, visit the Hasselblad USA website at:
    http://www.hasselbladusa.com/promoti...bshop-usa.aspx

Press contact:
    Center of Service GmbH
    Press Agency Hasselblad
    Hammerbrookstrasse 93
    20097 Hamburg
    Germany

T: +49. 40. 25 40 48-28
    F: +49. 40. 25 40 48-40
    E: [email protected]
    W: www.centerofservice.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guy
    I'm going to ask the question today and get you guys added to the press list if possible. Let me know what email address to give them either here or to [email protected]
    Cheers
    Nick-T

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Nick use guy at getdpi dot com

Post Thanks / Like

and now we know, why we have to wait soo long for Phocus 2.6...;-)

Nick: remos at gmx dot net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    There's an obvious problem with this.

Per Hasselblad policy, ALL product support must be initiated through the local retailer. This includes warranty and non-warranty repairs, exchanges, etc.

So I don't think the local retailer will be overly enthusiastic about supporting something he didn't sell in the first place.

- Leigh
    It is not an obvious problem if the dealer is also receiving revenue for it.

Nobody expects the dealers to work for free.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Hasselbald web store

Quote Originally Posted by David Grover / Hasselblad View Post
    It is not an obvious problem if the dealer is also receiving revenue for it. Nobody expects the dealers to work for free.
    That's good. As long as the local dealers are being compensated everybody's happy.

- Leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

you can have any colour blad you like - except black - sooo funny!

why black? because the H body ( bless its soul) is dog ugly - almost as ugly as the Mamiya 645. (which IS in black and therefore visually MUCH easier on the eye..)

Why do people stick with Contax? because the Contax isn't ugly!

wake UP people! the best sports sedan in the world is a Nisan - and no one is buying it because...someone forgot to tell Nissan that people like their sports cars to look good...

Design is as much abotu aesthetics as teh engineering crap inside - al these MF cameras look like they have been designed to shoot film and video...wait a minute

Post Thanks / Like

How about a Stainless Steel one?

Thats much nicer.

Post Thanks / Like

Well. I at least expect one without hair when buying from the HasselBALD store.

I guess it is a better place to be than the HASSLEblad store

tetsrfun

IIRC, the Fuji badged "H" bodies were/are black, so I'm not sure why the 'blad badged "H" was never offered in black.

Steve

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tetsrfun View Post
    IIRC, the Fuji badged "H" bodies were/are black, so I'm not sure why the 'blad badged "H" was never offered in black.

Steve