Site Sponsors

Thread: Capture pro LCC and .mos from aptus 22 unavailable ?

Post Thanks / Like

Capture pro LCC and .mos from aptus 22 unavailable ?

i'm using leaf capture for ages, but sometimes i try capture one... and go back to leaf... for my use, it makes more sense !

i wanted to test it again, and specially for LCC correction ( i have a LCC plate from phase one... )...

i have download the capture one PRO 6.1 from phase, and find out that i can't use the LCC menu with my leaf file (grey)... while it's available when i'm browsing my olympus pen files...

i've tried to reinstall it, and to install it on an other computer... same problem... and yes i've check for the leaf drivers.

any idea ?

the last time i've tried capture group, it was really slow... not it seems ok... but without the LCC tool, i won't go that route !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Capture pro LCC and .mos from aptus 22 unavailable ?

and yes it was a clean install...

Post Thanks / Like

i've call a friend who own an aptus 22 as well... same problem, and on the top of it, he loose all his LCC profiles for his P45+...

what an upgrade... i will probably stick with leaf capture for a while !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

yes, the stored LCC presets (and lens correction presets including LCCs) don't show up. It's a known bug and a fix will be available soon.
    Very annoying... especially as this issue reoccurs on major upgrades again and again (also some issues with icc profiles).
    Version 5.1.2 is almost bug-free ...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I had lost my LCC presents after upgrading however I found them by clicking the LCC then clicking on "Legacy Profiles" and found them all stored there. Of course I'm running this on 64bit PC so your mile may differ.

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    I thought I had lost my LCC presents after upgrading however I found them by clicking the LCC then clicking on "Legacy Profiles" and found them all stored there. Of course I'm running this on 64bit PC so your mile may differ.
    yes, it's different on Mac.
    The problem also refers to lens corrections. I do have lens correction presets containing LCC based corrections for all my Contax lenses at all apertures for 2 digibacks. Now I have to recreate them for the third time only because Phase introduced a new folder structure in the user settings folder. Damn.
    Backward-forward compatibility of Capture One is really a serious problem ... you never know what they are going to change the next time. So better do not create too much styles, presets and/or working spaces ...
    Generally the option to store presets and styles is really nice. It just might not work over a cycle of 2 updates.
    And: do always store your files as 16bit TIFs in your long time archive because there is no guarantee that you can really re-create the files with the same settings in a future version of C1.
    Silly if you think about the compatibility of settings in other applications.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    i've call a friend who own an aptus 22 as well... same problem, and on the top of it, he loose all his LCC profiles for his P45+...

what an upgrade... i will probably stick with leaf capture for a while !
    LCC works on 2 types of .mos file:

1. Files that were shot in compressed (lossless) to a CF card
    These will appear as "RAW" on the Format type in the metadata tab

2. Files that were shot tethered to C1
    These will appear as "MOS"

If the metadata says "mos" it meant that the file was either shot into LC or that it was edited/re-saved in LC or in the Leaf Raw Converter

Hope this helps
    Yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yair,

I'm finding the same problem when using Capture One Pro 6.1 64 bit build 46065 on Mac OS 10.6.6 with Aptus 65 files.

If I shoot with lossless compression enabled, C1 Pro shows the thumbnail with a triangle & exclamation mark in it. When it is imported the file shows RAW type but doesn't render. LCC isn't available.

If I shoot uncompressed, the file loads as expected but again there is no LCC option available. It shows as MOS format.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening? This wasn't the case previously.
    Last edited by GrahamWelland; 11th February 2011 at 13:55.