The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need Help - 105-210 Af problem with DF

Jérôme.E

Hi everyone,

I recently bought an used but Exc+ Mamiya 105-210 AF for my Aptus II 10/DF (could not afford 75-150 D unfortunately).
But the Af didn't work and the lens isn't recognized from the DF for a (long) moment and after a while said i could open it at f/2,8... hey nice :clap: then f/1...YAHOO my new jewel :ROTFL: and finally f/4,5 :cry: but the AF wasn't working anyway.

The DF firmware is 1,21 so correct.

I tried with my dealer another DF... same thing. I put it an Mamiya AFD, miracle, everything worked fine.
I think there is an upgrade to do with the lens but don't know how to???

Sure you could help me.

Thanks

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hi everyone,

I recently bought an used but Exc+ Mamiya 105-210 AF for my Aptus II 10/DF (could not afford 75-150 D unfortunately).
But the Af didn't work and the lens isn't recognized from the DF for a (long) moment and after a while said i could open it at f/2,8... hey nice :clap: then f/1...YAHOO my new jewel :ROTFL: and finally f/4,5 :cry: but the AF wasn't working anyway.

The DF firmware is 1,21 so correct.

I tried with my dealer another DF... same thing. I put it an Mamiya AFD, miracle, everything worked fine.
I think there is an upgrade to do with the lens but don't know how to???

Sure you could help me.

Thanks
Sounds like your dealer missed the memo :p.

Most 105-210 lenses just need a firmware update which will be free or a nominal fee by your local Mamiya distributor/repair-center.

Some early 105-210 lenses had a different AF motor system than the rest of the AF lenses and will require a hardware upgrade which, off the top of my head, is something like $400. This is the only AF lens with this issue because of a unique focus motor they used early on in the 105-210 production which is not supported by the DF.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Jérôme.E

Sounds like your dealer missed the memo :p.
:D Since France has became a Banana Republic, things are not going too fast around here :banghead: :ROTFL:

]Most 105-210 lenses just need a firmware update which will be free or a nominal fee by your local Mamiya distributor/repair-center.

Some early 105-210 lenses had a different AF motor system than the rest of the AF lenses and will require a hardware upgrade which, off the top of my head, is something like $400. This is the only AF lens with this issue because of a unique focus motor they used early on in the 105-210 production which is not supported by the DF.
Thanks a lot for infos Doug.... Hope it won't be an early one :(