Site Sponsors

Thread: Need Help - 105-210 Af problem with DF

Post Thanks / Like

Need Help - 105-210 Af problem with DF

Hi everyone,

I recently bought an used but Exc+ Mamiya 105-210 AF for my Aptus II 10/DF (could not afford 75-150 D unfortunately).
    But the Af didn't work and the lens isn't recognized from the DF for a (long) moment and after a while said i could open it at f/2,8... hey nice then f/1...YAHOO my new jewel and finally f/4,5 but the AF wasn't working anyway.

The DF firmware is 1,21 so correct.

I tried with my dealer another DF... same thing. I put it an Mamiya AFD, miracle, everything worked fine.
    I think there is an upgrade to do with the lens but don't know how to???

Sure you could help me.

Thanks

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Need Help - 105-210 Af problem with DF

Quote Originally Posted by Jérôme.E View Post
    Hi everyone,

I recently bought an used but Exc+ Mamiya 105-210 AF for my Aptus II 10/DF (could not afford 75-150 D unfortunately).
    But the Af didn't work and the lens isn't recognized from the DF for a (long) moment and after a while said i could open it at f/2,8... hey nice then f/1...YAHOO my new jewel and finally f/4,5 but the AF wasn't working anyway.

The DF firmware is 1,21 so correct.

I tried with my dealer another DF... same thing. I put it an Mamiya AFD, miracle, everything worked fine.
    I think there is an upgrade to do with the lens but don't know how to???

Sure you could help me.

Thanks
    Sounds like your dealer missed the memo :-P.

Most 105-210 lenses just need a firmware update which will be free or a nominal fee by your local Mamiya distributor/repair-center.

Some early 105-210 lenses had a different AF motor system than the rest of the AF lenses and will require a hardware upgrade which, off the top of my head, is something like $400. This is the only AF lens with this issue because of a unique focus motor they used early on in the 105-210 production which is not supported by the DF.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
    Phase One Partner of the Year
    Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
    Newsletter | RSS Feed
    Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Help - 105-210 Af problem with DF

Quote Originally Posted by dougpetersonci View Post
    Sounds like your dealer missed the memo :-P.
    Since France has became a Banana Republic, things are not going too fast around here

Quote Originally Posted by dougpetersonci View Post
    ]Most 105-210 lenses just need a firmware update which will be free or a nominal fee by your local Mamiya distributor/repair-center.

Some early 105-210 lenses had a different AF motor system than the rest of the AF lenses and will require a hardware upgrade which, off the top of my head, is something like $400. This is the only AF lens with this issue because of a unique focus motor they used early on in the 105-210 production which is not supported by the DF.
    Thanks a lot for infos Doug.... Hope it won't be an early one