The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tripod choice for 645DF - Neptune strikes!

coulombic

Hmm. I'd be more worried, personally, about the DB, here. Salt water and electronics to not mix well at all. It might power up after it dries out, but the corrosion will soon render everything quite useless. Fortunately for me, my most costly loss to the sea was a cell phone; after lengthily letting it dry out, I popped it open, only to see evident signs of corrosion all over the PCB. If you actually got seawater in your DB. . . well, good luck to you.

On a different note, the GT3530LS with a RRS BH-55 head is what I'd recommend. Perhaps a system of clips and carabiners with strong cable as to securely fasten the setup to your body, as to prevent the occurrence from happening again, too.

See: http://www.munchkin.com/products/detail.html?section=pr...ries&ID=10011&pID=1184

baxter

Please let me reiterate that the water was on the surface only of camera and back and nowhere near the electronics.

Thanks for your advice, but I now have a 5561 tripod and P1 head. Having just been on a shoot in windy Cornwall shooting even bigger waves albeit from a safer position, the new set-up is working well and is much more stable than the 1325/P0 which went swimming.

Professional

I have 4 Gitzo tripod with the 4 series [1, 2, 3 and 5], out of the 4 i choose series 5 for local shooting in my country always and series 3 for travel.
I use RRS and Markins heads.

HenryDove

After weeks of umming and erring, and reading the many excellent comments here, I went for a GT3541XLS - I use this for my Hasselblad H system, and it should suit you down to the ground. It represents the best solidity/flexibility/weight compromise at the moment IMHO.

Henry