The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H4D-40 Does not Power-Up

Dustbak

Stop trying to put my words out of their context and distort it to something bad which apparently suits you. What is next? You mix the letters I use into sentences that you want to use? I stand behind what I said.

Read what I wrote in its entirety and you will notice that I said this as a last resort to try to finish a shoot if you have run out of options.

Again, if you are merely spewing your venom do it in the thread that you have set up precisely for that.

Terry

Agree,
This thread is about helping someone solve a specific technical problem, not the merits of the system. Let's keep it on target.

fotografz

I'm not sure what this has to do with helping the OP solve the immediate problem?

Thoughts on how to assist Laurent is the subject.

Laurent, any luck?

-Marc

johnnygoesdigital

Amazing... I merely suggested that the H bodies/back combos have to be calibrated at Hasselblad and that it's not convenient! Paul Claesson of Hasselblad said in another thread that one should just purchase additional bodies and have them calibrated at the factory. Not always convenient, but worth considering. I would suggest a call to Hasselblads tech, Per Anders, he's about the best in the business and will do what it takes to make the buyer happy.

johnnygoesdigital

Laurent,

My Hasselblad gave me the same message and I simply re-set the battery and re- connected the DB. You have to allow the components to talk to each other in a sequential start up sequence.

johnnygoesdigital

Oh, I forgot, set all parameters back to there default settings. Go to the grip menu and "load" default. If you were using flash trigger or pocket wizard, remove it from the camera too.

Nick-T

Laurent,

My Hasselblad gave me the same message and I simply re-set the battery and re- connected the DB. You have to allow the components to talk to each other in a sequential start up sequence.
Resetting the battery simply resets the batteries PMU to help clear the batterie's "memory". You certainly don't have to allow the components to talk to each other in sequence.

Nick-T

fotografz

The OP already said that he removed and reinstalled the battery in the first post.

BTW, anyone that extensively uses an H system in the studio, I highly recommend the H-AC power grip :thumbup: Saves wear & tear on the Lith battery grip over long periods of time.

No word back from Laurent. Hope the issue can be resolved without sending the camera in ... and then H users can learn from it should that happen to them. Even if it does go in for service, feed-back on what happened would be most valuable to other users.

For use of a H4D DB on technical cameras, I highly recommend reading the H4D manual throughly, and have your dealer demonstrate the use of the Scene Calibration function available in Phocus when needed.
Hopefully, David can influence his company to assemble a more through documentation regarding use of technical cameras with Hasselblad DBs including the Phocus aids when doing so, since apparently that is a growing enthusiasts application if this forum is any indication.

-Marc

The OP already said that he removed and reinstalled the battery in the first post.

BTW, anyone that extensively uses an H system in the studio, I highly recommend the H-AC power grip :thumbup: Saves wear & tear on the Lith battery grip over long periods of time.

No word back from Laurent. Hope the issue can be resolved without sending the camera in ... and then H users can learn from it should that happen to them. Even if it does go in for service, feed-back on what happened would be most valuable to other users.

For use of a H4D DB on technical cameras, I highly recommend reading the H4D manual throughly, and have your dealer demonstrate the use of the Scene Calibration function available in Phocus when needed.
Hopefully, David can influence his company to assemble a more through documentation regarding use of technical cameras with Hasselblad DBs including the Phocus aids when doing so, since apparently that is a growing enthusiasts application if this forum is any indication.

-Marc
Absolutely Marc. :thumbup:

Laurent

Marc,

I have tried your procedure twice now to make sure i was doing it correctly and it still does not work. I have called the Hasselblad technical service team in Parsippany and had to leave a message as no one was around to answer my call! I am now waiting for someone to call me back and hopefully have some help. I really hope I won't have to send it in for repair. I've had it for less then two months now. I can't believe that such an expensive camera fails that quickly :mad:

Laurent

Laurent

OUCH!

The camera has to go back! After an hour of troubleshooting over the phone the only option left is back to the Parsippany and if I am not lucky it may have to go to Denmark. :cry:

R

Ronan

OUCH!

The camera has to go back! After an hour of troubleshooting over the phone the only option left is back to the Parsippany and if I am not lucky it may have to go to Denmark. :cry:
Sorry to hear bud.

Personally i would slap them and go spend my money elsewhere, unless they make it right of course ;)

Keep us updated!

Laurent

Good news,

Since my camera was still relatively new, Hasselbald USA agreed to replace it for a new one. I won’t know what went wrong with the first one. All I can say is that I am pleased with the service they offered.