The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

samples for the Schneider PC-TS APO-Digitar 5.6/120 HM???

haring

Are there any samples for the Schneider PC-TS APO-Digitar 5.6/120 HM Aspheric on the internet?
Thanks again!
Otto

lance_schad

Workshop Member
We should be getting one of these in this week to try out. I will try to get some good sample shots to share. Any requests for types of test subjects?
Lance

archivue

it would be nice to compare it to a 120 digital macro from schneider or rodenstock...

can you make a picture at inf. ... architecture for example... i know it suppose to be a lens for table top, but i'm curious about is inf. performances...

BJNY

I believe yaya posted an example a while back of a beach scene?,
either here or at Lu-La forum.

I lost interest in these Schneider TS lenses,
after learning of their ball-joint mechanism
instead of repeatable gearing.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I lost interest in these Schneider TS lenses,
after learning of their ball-joint mechanism
instead of repeatable gearing.
Hi BJ,

I must have missed the memo --- when did you start shooting Phase/Mamiya gear?

BJNY

Hello Jack,

I was referring to the Schneider series which will fit on 35mm DSLRs.

I've been fortunate to use every brand depending on project.

BTW, very nice landscapes you posted recently.

Cheers,
BJ

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hello Jack,

I was referring to the Schneider series which will fit on 35mm DSLRs.

I've been fortunate to use every brand depending on project.

BTW, very nice landscapes you posted recently.

Cheers,
BJ
Thank you!

Re the lens, understand now :). Does the MF version use the same ball mechanism? And if so, could you expand a bit on what exactly you did not like about it?

yaya

Full tilt and a little bit of rise at f5.6

This one is also full tilt, without a shift and with the lens rotated 45º

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Just got a demo Schneider PC-TS APO Digitar 5.6/120 in for the PhaseOne DF body. Going to shoot some sample subjects shortly, but figured some of you maybe interested in seeing how it compares in size to the PhaseOne 120mm Macro lens. The Schneider is BIG! Stay tuned for sample shots.
Lance

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Here are some sample images I took with the PhaseOne Schneider 120 T/S lens.
Nothing pretty but it should give you a good representation. There is one image that shows an overview of the (3) shots with the Focus mask on so you can see where the focus was.
Then I have uploaded the three shots individually as JPEGS. One shot is taken with Mamiya 120 Macro Lens @ F11, PhaseOne 120 T/S no movement @ F11, and then PhaseOne 120 T/S with tilt and shift.
If you want a link to the raw files please PM me.

Lance

Overview Shot with Focus Mask on (green)

Mamiya 120 macro @ f11

Schneider 120 T/S @ f11 no movements

Schneider 120 T/S @ F11 with tilt and shift

S

Shelby Lewis

I'm sorry, I don't see it, what's the point of that tilt shift effect in the test setup?
Yeah, not seeing any help on the DoF end of things... did tilt help at all? maybe I'm not seeing something correctly.