The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PODAS Death Valley April 3-8th

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Like in remote control. Someone tell me. LOL

I'm actually having a hard time deciding IQ 140 or go get a used P65+. I want the bloody tech though.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'm actually having a hard time deciding IQ 140 or go get a used P65+. I want the bloody tech though.
It's a cruel world out there at the moment. There are some great P65+/II 10 deals out there to tempt you from the quest for the IQ grail :p

Last edited:

dchew

I don't know Guy, with a Phase camera? I vote for P65+.

You've got more feedback while your taking the photo vs. a tech camera. I thought there was a pretty good view through the DF viewfinder...

Dave

Guy Mancuso

Thanks folks . Like to go back and do more dune work for sure. Really like those type of landscapes.

As far as a back i will just have to see what to do. I am torn on bigger/full frame or tech. If i had enough money it would be easy, I would get both. LOL

Altdo

Couldn't help but point out Mr. Duffin's rig, hard at work.

Thanks again for everyone that came out, I sure had fun and it never felt like work. A special thanks to Guy for both the forum thread and the constant entertainment!

~Drew

Drew,

Great shot ! Much nicer than it would have been with me in it ...

We all enjoyed your company and quick wit, as evidenced here!

David

dchew

Thanks Drew. LOL

Having you as the tech there was a huge bonus to all including me.
+1!

Drew, that image goes very well with the usual:

Viewer: "Wow, your camera takes great pictures."

Photog: "Actually I've watched my camera for many years and never seen it take a picture by itself."

Ciao,
Dave

Guy Mancuso

When I here that and in a snarky mood I just say it damn well better cost enough freaking money. It should. LOL

BTW as some of my new friends are here please take full advantage of this great forum and all it has to offer.

Ha ha! I was actually trying to view the B2 pilot on the P65+ screen. She was readily visible on the iPhone... Drew and Dave can both attest, I'm sure.

dick

And to prove a pilot actually did exist...
¿Pointing a DSLR up at a mountain?

It is not just buildings that have perspective... and mountains look better if you level and shift?

(and you can make them look better than they are, by using rear tilt forward)