The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus 2.6

Iskander

The wait is over....

Phocus 2.6 Mac / WIN
This is a significant update to Hasselblad’s image processing software.

Highlights
•New Dust Removal Tool
•Star Rating and Filtering
•Support for Phocus Mobile *
•Import/Export of Image Adjustments
•Combined H and V lens tool
•Extended Info in Compare Mode
•Support for Tiff and Jpeg files (WIN)

* Phocus Mobile will be available for download via the Apple App. store by March 2011.

regards
Michael

fotografz

Wahoo!

Question is ... is the sync issue with the H4D/60 back on a tech camera resolved with this version of Phocus ... AND does it enable the double resolution LCD on the 60?

In other words ... is there a firmware update attached?

-Marc

Dustbak

Euh... no.

But you will freak out over the 100% view with Multishot. Awesome! Like better than it even used to be with Flexcolor. Really fast!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
PHOCUS 2.6 requires the RADEON HD5770 GC or at least that card is recommended .
I have the GEFORCE 8800GT installed on my MAC PRO3 and PHOCUS 2.5.5 runs fine except color correction runs a bit bumpy and slow .

Does anyone know a good list to campare the CG types .
I will not install PHOCUS 2.6 as long as I am not sure that my card will work properly .

Wahoo!

Question is ... is the sync issue with the H4D/60 back on a tech camera resolved with this version of Phocus ... AND does it enable the double resolution LCD on the 60?

In other words ... is there a firmware update attached?

-Marc
Hi Marc,

Flash sync is currently being tested at a few sites with encouraging results so far.

So we will release a new firmware shortly with flash sync support, some speed improvements and a few other things.

Then again, shortly after that will be some more firmware additions including the res increase.

All in the not too distant future.

David

Is should add that the release date for Phocus Mobile is probably likely to be before the posted date.

There is some additional Apple "wiggle room" for their approval process.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just got this e-mail from Hassy thought I would post it as well

Hasselblad Information
Sales and Marketing

Phocus Family of Software Solutions
Hasselblad is proud to introduce the Phocus Family of software products, offering tools matching the changing working conditions photographers face with each new assignment. With three different products, each catering to a different style of working, these new Phocus options easily overcome shifting workflow challenges by providing a high level of efficiency and flexibility of choice.

Phocus 2.6 – available for download now
Phocus 2.6 is Hasselblad's powerful, easy-to-use imaging software. It offers improvements that expand both application's capabilities and workflow speed. Brand new cross-platform features such as the Dust Removal Tool, Star Rating and Filtering, a much faster multi-shot viewer and improved quality at lower resolution, plus Windows support for TIFF and JPEG files are now part of version 2.6.

For more information on Phocus 2.6 visit the Hasselblad website at:
http://www.hasselbladusa.com/promotions/phocus.aspx

Phocus Quick – available for download now
Phocus Quick offers a semi-automated solution to import and process your raw files using the core strengths of the full version of Phocus. The application imports your images applying basic image adjustments and saves both – a backup raw copy and a jpg of each image. Ready for printing or viewing, and ready for future more advanced imaging enhancements.

For more information on Phocus Quick visit the Hasselblad website at:
http://www.hasselbladusa.com/promotions/phocus-quick.aspx

Phocus Mobile – available for download in March 2011
Phocus Mobile completes the Phocus Family with an imaging app for iPads and iPhones. The app connects wirelessly to a Mac running Phocus 2.6 and allows users to remotely browse, and rate images. With an H4D camera connected, you have full access to tethered shooting, including all the unique camera controls offered by the H4D.
Phocus Mobile is available as a free download in March 2011 from the Apple App store.

To download Phocus 2.6 and Phocus Quick for free, simply register your email-address at:
http://www.hasselbladusa.com/service--support/technical-support/software-downloads.aspx

Best regards,

Hasselblad USA

tbullock

Thanks everyone for posting this. I'll check it out.

Marc, don't tell me you're again considering the H4D-60! ;)

(I finally received the 60 and it's great - just wish I could keep it and the S2)

dick

PHOCUS 2.6 requires the RADEON HD5770 GC or at least that card is recommended .
On the Mac book pro I think the just say 512K... I have:

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0647
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3436
gMux Version: 1.7.10

Can this be improved or updated?

HenryDove

Great to have 2.6 at last - and it seems to be faster and sharper on my Mac Pro. David, any ideas as to when we can expect Phocus mobile to come out (assume it's still with Apple)?

Henry

fotografz

Hi Marc,

Flash sync is currently being tested at a few sites with encouraging results so far.

So we will release a new firmware shortly with flash sync support, some speed improvements and a few other things.

Then again, shortly after that will be some more firmware additions including the res increase.

All in the not too distant future.

David
Thank you David. I was hoping for at least the sync capability because my dealer has arranged a session with the H4D/60 at my studio on march 8th, 9th, or 10th and I was hoping to hook it up to the Rollei Exact-II, as well as test it out for other applications.

Giddy-up!;)

-Marc

fotografz

Euh... no.

But you will freak out over the 100% view with Multishot. Awesome! Like better than it even used to be with Flexcolor. Really fast!

That is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

OMG! It now so fast that it seem measured in nanoseconds rather than seconds. Virtually instantaneous, and a really usable upgrade.

I just did some Multi-Shot work and I couldn't believe it. WaHooo! :thumbs:

-Marc

fotografz

Thanks everyone for posting this. I'll check it out.

Marc, don't tell me you're again considering the H4D-60! ;)

(I finally received the 60 and it's great - just wish I could keep it and the S2)
No decisions at all ... but I told my dealer I would NOT even consider buying a pig-in-a-poke, so he arranged a demo at my studio in a couple of weeks. I'll compare it to my H2F/CF39 Multi-Shot for product work ... I already know the H4D/60 is better for single shot commercial applications and for shooting people, so it just needs to come close or equal the MS unit in studio.

It's just money ... money sitting in accounts earning less than the sinking value of the dollar ... how's that for warming up the purchase justification should I like the 60? :ROTFL:

-Marc

Re the new Cloning Tool: I've been looking forward to this addition to Phocus for working on my 3F files. Unfortunately the sliders adjusting the size of the tool are grey'd out on my laptop and the cloning tool left unadjusted just makes a mess of things. My video card is the 9600 GT. Is this the culprit? Do I now have to purchase a new laptop with a faster video card to be able to take advantage of Phocus 2.6?

Thanks for any insight into how I might resolve this.
Lawrence

Dustbak

Do I now have to purchase a new laptop with a faster video card to be able to take advantage of Phocus 2.6?
Lawrence

You will be doing yourself a real favor getting a really fast laptop for 2.6. If I am not mistaken the MBP with the 9600 is already a 4 years old model or is it by any chance a 256MB model?

Lucky for you Apple has just released its new MBP's. Quad-Core machines! :)

Re the new Cloning Tool: I've been looking forward to this addition to Phocus for working on my 3F files. Unfortunately the sliders adjusting the size of the tool are grey'd out on my laptop and the cloning tool left unadjusted just makes a mess of things. My video card is the 9600 GT. Is this the culprit? Do I now have to purchase a new laptop with a faster video card to be able to take advantage of Phocus 2.6?

Thanks for any insight into how I might resolve this.
Lawrence
You have to click on the dust spot before you can adjust radius and amount. Did you take that step?

As Dustbak says, the 9600 is quite an old card and not performing very well for intensive video applications. The new MBP's have far superior graphics capabilities.

David

dick

You have to click on the dust spot before you can adjust radius and amount. Did you take that step?

As Dustbak says, the 9600 is quite an old card and not performing very well for intensive video applications. The new MBP's have far superior graphics capabilities.

David
David...

I bought my Mac Book Pro from Rapid Group, a Hasselblad approve dealer, thinking they should know what they were doing, and they supplied a 9600 graphics card.

They also lied to me about the lack of live view on the H3D2-50, so I have not used them again, and would not recommend them.

Dick Roadnight