The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Generations of Hasselblad F lenses

Generations of Hasselblad F/FE lenses

Hi everyone,

from time to time I find classifieds for the Hasselblad F/FE lenses, naming them as 4th or 5th generation. I know that there was a change from the F to the FE-design at the beginning of the 90s when the metered models were introduced, but I wasn´t aware of the fact that there has been further development since.
Can anyone please tell me how many generations of these lenses actually exist, how they can be distinguished and what the changes were?

Best, Benjamin

Bernard

Some of the lenses were redesigned slightly for the use of lead-free glass in the late 90s, but that's still only 3 generations. Perhaps they are collectors and are thinking about serial number blocks?