The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad to Mamiya 645 adapter?

yaya

I suppose you can try it and if it doesn't, I'm sure Adorama will take it back wouldn't they?

David Klepacki

There seem to be slight variation in the adapters on the market. And, the V lenses themselves will have some slight variation.

My expensive brand name adapter was slightly too thick for my V lens. I was curious to see how other adapters might compare, so I took a chance on an inexpensive adapter from China on ebay. The one I received was slightly thinner and perfect for my particular lens, so I happened to luck out.

The advantage of buying through Adorama may be that you can more easily keep returning them until you get a good one. They were not selling such adapters when I was looking; otherwise, I would have gone this route. Perhaps consider buying several adapters, test them and return the ones that don't work for you.