Site Sponsors

Thread: Horseman SW-DII, Aptus 75 and Digitar 55mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Horseman SW-DII, Aptus 75 and Digitar 55mm

Tried out the 55mm digitar lens on the Horseman with a Leaf Aptus 75s. The files were processed in LC11 with sharpening set to 0, taken at ISO 100. These are 100% crops

f4.5

f5.6

f8.0

f11

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Horseman SW-DII, Aptus 75 and Digitar 55mm

f16

f22

f32

f45

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jim looks like F11 is optimum and is starting to go at F22 but F16 still looks real good . Hard to tell between F11 and F16 though which is better . Leaning at F11 myself
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

ericstaud

Hi Jim,

I am using an Alpa with the 24, 35, 47, 72, and 100 digitars. I find that F11 is generally optimal but I often stop down more. With the 47 and 35 lenses the outside of the image will improve with more f stop. When shooting a high rise I will often shoot at 22 so that the top of the building will improve a little in sharpness while the center of the image circle will suffer a little in sharpness. In the end, the apparent sharpness of the image will be more uniform from top to bottom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ericstaud View Post
    Hi Jim,

I am using an Alpa with the 24, 35, 47, 72, and 100 digitars. I find that F11 is generally optimal but I often stop down more. With the 47 and 35 lenses the outside of the image will improve with more f stop. When shooting a high rise I will often shoot at 22 so that the top of the building will improve a little in sharpness while the center of the image circle will suffer a little in sharpness. In the end, the apparent sharpness of the image will be more uniform from top to bottom.
    These were taken on center. when i have time i'll take a look at the outer area as well. I'm also testing the 135mm