Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New "arTec" Sinar Architecture Camera

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: New "arTec" Sinar Architecture Camera

Jack & Son,
    The X-Act 2 is a real nice system from my experience using it, but only if you do not need or want a whole lot of movements. Beyond 15 degrees, you are toast. I also prefer a view camera with movement locks. That friction stuff is for the birds if you are moving it very much. After using the X-Act and a Plaubel PL-69D for a couple of months, I sold the X-Act and still have the Plaubel. Never used a Linhof 679, but everyone I know who owns one really love it also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Jones View Post
    Jack & Son,
    The X-Act 2 is a real nice system from my experience using it, but only if you do not need or want a whole lot of movements. Beyond 15 degrees, you are toast. I also prefer a view camera with movement locks. That friction stuff is for the birds if you are moving it very much. After using the X-Act and a Plaubel PL-69D for a couple of months, I sold the X-Act and still have the Plaubel. Never used a Linhof 679, but everyone I know who owns one really love it also.
    I thought I'd read somewhere in a forum that the Plaubel was well-known for moving when the clamps were tightened. I stopped my investigations into this camera after reading that. Am I right in thinking that you have not found this to be the case?

rainer-v

i myself think its often more interesting to put things out of focus and creating unexpected sharpness zones via scheimpflug than to make the opposite, more so with the ultrawides many often use in architecture photography, where stopping down to f8 or 11 means mostly everything is sharp.

in any case i played around with focus softwares ( i have photo zoom pro3 ) and never got satisfying results with wideangles on big mf files. dont know what i made wrong, i think nothing.....

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Jones View Post
    Jack & Son,
    Chuck,
    Were you using the wide angle bellows to avoid vignetting or were you using the regular bellows?
    Thanks,
    -Son
    ALPA (MAX, STC, TC) | CAMBO (Actus DB2, WRS-AE) | CONTAX | HASSELBLAD | LEICA | DB (CFV-16, CFV-39, IQ180, IQ360, IQ3100, P45+) | Lens (Canon, Fujinon, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Rodenstock, Schneider, Zeiss)

thsinar

I guess some interesting information concerning the Sinar arTec camera:

1. Availability

The arTec is confirmed to be available in October 2008, after the Photokina

2. Adaption

It is planed to have a Hasselblad V interface available as per 1st Q 2009

Best regards,
    Thierry

thsinar

Update

The first serie of 25 Sinar arTec cameras are in production since last week. Shipment of the first units to our distributors should start after Photokina.

Best regards,
    Thierry

edwinb

the details and option to order the arTec are now available:-
    artec product page with technical specifications

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Those of us in the USA might have to wait a bit longer...