The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New "arTec" Sinar Architecture Camera

T

thsinar

Sinar announced today a new architecture camera called "arTec".

It was developed together with architecture photographer Rainer Viertlböck who gave his input for the necessary features for his ideal camera.

Some of the features of this new camera:

- Revolving Adapter
- Sliding Back for ground-glass composing
- Lenses 23mm to 135mm (Sinaron Digital)
- 5° Tilt/Swing, in all directions
- Shift V +25/-15mm
- Shift H +20/-20mm
- 360° turnable tripod mount
- 1.5 Kg

Availability shortly after Photokina 2008.

More to follow.

Best regards,
Rainer & Thierry

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Now THAT is way cool Thierry, a very clever tilt design! For guys like me coming from full-on view cameras, this may be the answer.

Do you happen to know if Sinar will offer it for other back mounts?

Thanks for sharing this!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm afraid to hear the price though. That is pretty sexy

For me that would be a 3 for 1 . View, slide and a shift camera

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Time to ask if JLM can come up with a "speed ring" or somesuch idea for backs
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
For sure I would not use it with a Sinar back simply because it won't support a Phase.
If a company chooses to be spiteful. then customers have that right too.
-bob

T

thsinar

Bob,

there is no maliciousness from Sinar side here. It has always been the work and responsibility (decision) of a back manufacturer to provide the adaption to a certain camera platform, never the opposite.

Best regards,
Thierry

For sure I would not use it with a Sinar back simply because it won't support a Phase.
If a company chooses to be spiteful. then customers have that right too.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is exactly that. I think that the camera makers are 1/2 to blame.
That is a bad tradition. It would be far better to get some sort of industry standard back to camea standard rolling. Most of the other interoperability standards started with customer irritation. I reminds me of the electrical plug situation in Europe forty years ago.
Oh, and if you haven't figured it out, th only reason I am pissed is that I like the looks of the camera :)
-bob

R

rainer-v

That is a bad tradition. It would be far better to get some sort of industry standard back to camea standard rolling. Most of the other interoperability standards started with customer irritation. I reminds me of the electrical plug situation in Europe forty years ago.
-bob
actually at this moment i have great problems to gag my german plug of my macbook in the power-sockets here in switzerland 1/2 kilometers over the boarder. so .... still not resolved even this little uncompatibility :bugeyes:

T

thsinar

Bob,

mostly agreed, but it always needs 2 looking in the same direction to get such things working. And one other hurdle being manpower and capacity for small companies. Even if I made it look as a "tradition", it was not the meaning.

Thanks anyway, I shall forward your suggestion.

Best regards,
Thierry

-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
The track record is that standards reduce cost and improve profitability.
-bob

David K

Workshop Member
Bob,
Seems to me that Sinar is one of the more open companies when it comes to compatibility with other brands. If you look at the variety of adapters for their backs you have a wide selection of choices (unfortunately, Phase is not one of them). I do agree that it would make good business sense for someone to fabricate adapters for this very cool looking camera, just not sure that it's Sinar's responsibility.

R

rainer-v

Bob,
Seems to me that Sinar is one of the more open companies when it comes to compatibility with other brands. If you look at the variety of adapters for their backs you have a wide selection of choices (unfortunately, Phase is not one of them). I do agree that it would make good business sense for someone to fabricate adapters for this very cool looking camera, just not sure that it's Sinar's responsibility.
good idea.

Last edited: