The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca style plate for Phase One DF with V-Grip?

adamduckworth

After buying the V-Grip thing, and now swopping my Gitzo head for an Arca Swiss head to use the vertical plate in the grip, it obviously leaves the Phase with no base plate to use the camera in horizontal position on a tripod.

Yes, I know I can take the V-Grip off but I want to leave it on for its inbuilt flash triggers (after spending yet more money on some Profoto Airs!)

So, does anyone know of a good base plate to fit the V-Grip? I have a plain Arca one but it twists amazingly easy. Are there any specific V-Grip plates, or has anyone tried one from another camera that works?

I tried one off my Nikon D3 but it doesn't really fit.

Thanks!

yaya

The V-Grip kit comes with a 2nd small plate that screws under the base in horizontal position

adamduckworth

Really? It seems to me like that only fits if you take the V-Grip off.

Or am I being dense?

I just re-watched the Drew Gardner video on the Phase site and he says the second plate is for use without the grip, too.

Last edited:

malmac

Really? It seems to me like that only fits if you take the V-Grip off.

Or am I being dense?

I just re-watched the Drew Gardner video on the Phase site and he says the second plate is for use without the grip, too.
I am in the same predicament as you, however I had not got tot he crossroads.
Matching V Grip wireless with tripod head flexability.

Would be interested to know what you have come up with?

Cheers

Mal

colinlee

So, does anyone know of a good base plate to fit the V-Grip? I have a plain Arca one but it twists amazingly easy. Are there any specific V-Grip plates, or has anyone tried one from another camera that works?

I tried one off my Nikon D3 but it doesn't really fit.

Thanks!
I'm using mine with the RRS L-plate for the D300/D700 battery grip - seems to work pretty well. You'll have to take off the P1 vertical plate first.