The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hello !!!!

yaya

Hello everyone, Yair here in frozen London,

I've just joined last night and am looking forward to some new and fresh discussions.

Basically I will try and help with any queries Leaf related, either about our products, workflow, marketing, sales or support.

Any pricing issues related to outside Europe may take longer to respond to as I will have to check and confirm things with my colleagues on the other side.

I joined Leaf in Israel 7.5 years ago and coming from Industrial design background took part as an application engineer in the design of V8, LC10/11 and the Aptus line.

Moved to London in summer 2002 to do pre and post-sale support and training for our European partners and since the beginning of 2005 I've been taking care of Leaf's business in UK, Ireland, Italy and Portugal.

I've been active on various web forums since 2004, in the days when RG was still the holy grail:)

Speak soon

Yair

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yair nice to have you here and having Leaf here is also a bonus. This will help folks in many ways. Nice to see all sides of the MF world.

T

thsinar

hi Yair!

Welcome here.

:thumbup:

Thierry

I've just joined last night and am looking forward to some new and fresh discussions.

Basically I will try and help with any queries Leaf related, either about our products, workflow, marketing, sales or support.

Any pricing issues related to outside Europe may take longer to respond to as I will have to check and confirm things with my colleagues on the other side.

I joined Leaf in Israel 7.5 years ago and coming from Industrial design background took part as an application engineer in the design of V8, LC10/11 and the Aptus line.

Moved to London in summer 2002 to do pre and post-sale support and training for our European partners and since the beginning of 2005 I've been taking care of Leaf's business in UK, Ireland, Italy and Portugal.

I've been active on various web forums since 2004, in the days when RG was still the holy grail:)

Speak soon

Yair

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Jack and i are very pleased to have both Sinar and Leaf folks here for many discussions on gear and MF shooting. Please pass on the forum link to all of your customers and anyone else you folks think would love to be a part of this. This MF section may grow to be the best on the internet. Thanks for being here.

David K

Workshop Member
First Thierry and now Yair... this is great news for the Medium Format forum. Welcome Yair and, as long as you're here, I've got a question. Has Leaf decided on an upgrade policy for owners of the Aptus 75S to the AFi.

yaya

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome,

David to your question, yes there's a policy in place that gives a preference in price to those who have bought an S back during the last 12 months (Nov' 2006).

Your dealer or the folks at Leaf America should be able to give you the exact figures.

Yair

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Yair, great to have you here!

Looking forward to having your insight shared with the group. As you may have read, we have more than a few of folks interested in transitioning to MF backs, so it's nice to have you and Thierry here to help them sort it all out!

Cheers,

fotografz

First Thierry and now Yair... this is great news for the Medium Format forum. Welcome Yair and, as long as you're here, I've got a question. Has Leaf decided on an upgrade policy for owners of the Aptus 75S to the AFi.
Same question here !!!

PeterA

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome,

David to your question, yes there's a policy in place that gives a preference in price to those who have bought an S back during the last 12 months (Nov' 2006).

Your dealer or the folks at Leaf America should be able to give you the exact figures.

Yair
Welcome to the forum, glad it is of interest to you.

Why is the company favoring S back buyers against non s back owners - what is the rationale here? I speak as an owner of a 75 Aptus - who was advised to 'wait for the Afi before upgrading backs at a "nominal cost" ... the 'wait' has been a lot longer than the original three months promised a year and half ago btw...now I find that I am losing out because of my patience? I don't think this is a fair situation.

Regards
Peter

fotografz

Thanks to Thierry for providing some re-seller contacts here in the USA.

I contacted one recommended source which is a Leaf & Sinar re-seller yesterday concerning the upgrade to an AFi from my Aptus 75s ... and there isn't a set policy as of yet ... at least not in the US. One is expected possibly next week. There will be some path, it just isn't known what the cost will be. My Aptus 75s was an upgrade from a 75 but is a brand new swap-out unit not a refurb of my old back and is less than 2 months old. The dealer was fairly sure the move to the AFi back would be possible even though mine was an upgrade. All I can say is that it better be eligible or there will be no AFi or any Hy6 in my future. Here's hoping.

yaya

Welcome to the forum, glad it is of interest to you.

Why is the company favoring S back buyers against non s back owners - what is the rationale here? I speak as an owner of a 75 Aptus - who was advised to 'wait for the Afi before upgrading backs at a "nominal cost" ... the 'wait' has been a lot longer than the original three months promised a year and half ago btw...now I find that I am losing out because of my patience? I don't think this is a fair situation.

Regards
Peter
Hellow Peter,

The AFi was announced at Photokina 2006, just over 14 months ago and the expected shipping time was "2nd half of 2008" (September really). I agree that the wait is long but the fact is that dealer units are already shipping and as the production of the bodies at F&H is ramping up, we will soon have customer units available.

There are trade-in paths for everyone and from any Leaf or non-Leaf back. However since A75S users paid the most, these people will pay less when they trade these backs in for an AFi.
You have bought an A75 which means you have paid a bit less for the first purchase, so you will be paying a bit more this time.
If you were to upgrade your A75 to an S and then to an AFi, you would have obviously ended up paying more money in total.

Please let me know if this makes sense.

To Marc; I trust that the Leaf America team know what they're doing so whenever they choose to publish their Trade-In programme, that should be the best for their customers. I am guessing that they are waiting to have initial stock so to shorten the waiting time.

Yair

David K

Workshop Member
I've sent an email to Steve Hendrix asking for details. Since he's a forum member it would be nice to hear from him on this post.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

Speak soon

Yair
Well, it's about time you showed up <Evil Grin>. Folks, for the record, Yair is an old friend, and probably the best resource for all things Leaf anyone could possibly ever need or want. He is a strait shooter, and truly does work his butt off trying to resolve questions or issues anyone mite have with Leaf products. He is also not a half bad photographer when he gets the time to shoot more than demos for clients. Welcome aboard Yair, now get back to work and get those AFi's shipping :ROTFL: