Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Hello !!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member yaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    38

    Lightbulb Hello !!!!

    Hello everyone, Yair here in frozen London,

    I've just joined last night and am looking forward to some new and fresh discussions.

    Basically I will try and help with any queries Leaf related, either about our products, workflow, marketing, sales or support.

    Any pricing issues related to outside Europe may take longer to respond to as I will have to check and confirm things with my colleagues on the other side.

    I joined Leaf in Israel 7.5 years ago and coming from Industrial design background took part as an application engineer in the design of V8, LC10/11 and the Aptus line.

    Moved to London in summer 2002 to do pre and post-sale support and training for our European partners and since the beginning of 2005 I've been taking care of Leaf's business in UK, Ireland, Italy and Portugal.

    I've been active on various web forums since 2004, in the days when RG was still the holy grail:-)

    Speak soon

    Yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

  2. #2
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Hello !!!!

    Yair nice to have you here and having Leaf here is also a bonus. This will help folks in many ways. Nice to see all sides of the MF world.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  3. #3
    thsinar
    Guest

    Re: Hello !!!!

    hi Yair!

    Welcome here.



    Thierry

    Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    Hello everyone, Yair here in frozen London,

    I've just joined last night and am looking forward to some new and fresh discussions.

    Basically I will try and help with any queries Leaf related, either about our products, workflow, marketing, sales or support.

    Any pricing issues related to outside Europe may take longer to respond to as I will have to check and confirm things with my colleagues on the other side.

    I joined Leaf in Israel 7.5 years ago and coming from Industrial design background took part as an application engineer in the design of V8, LC10/11 and the Aptus line.

    Moved to London in summer 2002 to do pre and post-sale support and training for our European partners and since the beginning of 2005 I've been taking care of Leaf's business in UK, Ireland, Italy and Portugal.

    I've been active on various web forums since 2004, in the days when RG was still the holy grail:-)

    Speak soon

    Yair

  4. #4
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Hello !!!!

    Jack and i are very pleased to have both Sinar and Leaf folks here for many discussions on gear and MF shooting. Please pass on the forum link to all of your customers and anyone else you folks think would love to be a part of this. This MF section may grow to be the best on the internet. Thanks for being here.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  5. #5
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Hello !!!!

    First Thierry and now Yair... this is great news for the Medium Format forum. Welcome Yair and, as long as you're here, I've got a question. Has Leaf decided on an upgrade policy for owners of the Aptus 75S to the AFi.

  6. #6
    Senior Member yaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    38

    Re: Hello !!!!

    Thanks everyone for your warm welcome,

    David to your question, yes there's a policy in place that gives a preference in price to those who have bought an S back during the last 12 months (Nov' 2006).

    Your dealer or the folks at Leaf America should be able to give you the exact figures.

    Yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

  7. #7
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1031

    Re: Hello !!!!

    Hi Yair, great to have you here!

    Looking forward to having your insight shared with the group. As you may have read, we have more than a few of folks interested in transitioning to MF backs, so it's nice to have you and Thierry here to help them sort it all out!

    Cheers,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  8. #8
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Hello !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    First Thierry and now Yair... this is great news for the Medium Format forum. Welcome Yair and, as long as you're here, I've got a question. Has Leaf decided on an upgrade policy for owners of the Aptus 75S to the AFi.
    Same question here !!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: Hello !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    Thanks everyone for your warm welcome,

    David to your question, yes there's a policy in place that gives a preference in price to those who have bought an S back during the last 12 months (Nov' 2006).

    Your dealer or the folks at Leaf America should be able to give you the exact figures.

    Yair
    Welcome to the forum, glad it is of interest to you.

    Why is the company favoring S back buyers against non s back owners - what is the rationale here? I speak as an owner of a 75 Aptus - who was advised to 'wait for the Afi before upgrading backs at a "nominal cost" ... the 'wait' has been a lot longer than the original three months promised a year and half ago btw...now I find that I am losing out because of my patience? I don't think this is a fair situation.

    Regards
    Peter

  10. #10
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Hello !!!!

    Thanks to Thierry for providing some re-seller contacts here in the USA.

    I contacted one recommended source which is a Leaf & Sinar re-seller yesterday concerning the upgrade to an AFi from my Aptus 75s ... and there isn't a set policy as of yet ... at least not in the US. One is expected possibly next week. There will be some path, it just isn't known what the cost will be. My Aptus 75s was an upgrade from a 75 but is a brand new swap-out unit not a refurb of my old back and is less than 2 months old. The dealer was fairly sure the move to the AFi back would be possible even though mine was an upgrade. All I can say is that it better be eligible or there will be no AFi or any Hy6 in my future. Here's hoping.

  11. #11
    Senior Member yaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    38

    Re: Hello !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Welcome to the forum, glad it is of interest to you.

    Why is the company favoring S back buyers against non s back owners - what is the rationale here? I speak as an owner of a 75 Aptus - who was advised to 'wait for the Afi before upgrading backs at a "nominal cost" ... the 'wait' has been a lot longer than the original three months promised a year and half ago btw...now I find that I am losing out because of my patience? I don't think this is a fair situation.

    Regards
    Peter
    Hellow Peter,

    The AFi was announced at Photokina 2006, just over 14 months ago and the expected shipping time was "2nd half of 2008" (September really). I agree that the wait is long but the fact is that dealer units are already shipping and as the production of the bodies at F&H is ramping up, we will soon have customer units available.

    There are trade-in paths for everyone and from any Leaf or non-Leaf back. However since A75S users paid the most, these people will pay less when they trade these backs in for an AFi.
    You have bought an A75 which means you have paid a bit less for the first purchase, so you will be paying a bit more this time.
    If you were to upgrade your A75 to an S and then to an AFi, you would have obviously ended up paying more money in total.

    Please let me know if this makes sense.

    To Marc; I trust that the Leaf America team know what they're doing so whenever they choose to publish their Trade-In programme, that should be the best for their customers. I am guessing that they are waiting to have initial stock so to shorten the waiting time.

    Yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

  12. #12
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Hello !!!!

    I've sent an email to Steve Hendrix asking for details. Since he's a forum member it would be nice to hear from him on this post.

  13. #13
    Subscriber Member Chuck Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Studio City, CA
    Posts
    700
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    18

    Re: Hello !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    Hello everyone, Yair here in frozen London,

    I've just joined last night and am looking forward to some new and fresh discussions.

    Basically I will try and help with any queries Leaf related, either about our products, workflow, marketing, sales or support.

    Any pricing issues related to outside Europe may take longer to respond to as I will have to check and confirm things with my colleagues on the other side.

    I joined Leaf in Israel 7.5 years ago and coming from Industrial design background took part as an application engineer in the design of V8, LC10/11 and the Aptus line.

    Moved to London in summer 2002 to do pre and post-sale support and training for our European partners and since the beginning of 2005 I've been taking care of Leaf's business in UK, Ireland, Italy and Portugal.

    I've been active on various web forums since 2004, in the days when RG was still the holy grail:-)

    Speak soon

    Yair
    Well, it's about time you showed up <Evil Grin>. Folks, for the record, Yair is an old friend, and probably the best resource for all things Leaf anyone could possibly ever need or want. He is a strait shooter, and truly does work his butt off trying to resolve questions or issues anyone mite have with Leaf products. He is also not a half bad photographer when he gets the time to shoot more than demos for clients. Welcome aboard Yair, now get back to work and get those AFi's shipping

  14. #14
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Hello !!!!

    Steve Hendrix tells me that I should have an answer in a week.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •