The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad news

fotografz

Marc

The 50MP sensor can not be much bigger than the 39MP sensor , due to the H-SYSTEM body design .
If the sensor has the same size than the existing 39MP sensor it might also produce more noise and moiree at high ISO .
PHOCUS might take care of this issue.
The assumption is that the sensor is exactly the same size, and that the pixels are smaller. That may be so, but we don't know any of that for sure.

It may be a true FF sensor ... or if still a 1.1X sensor size, the pixels may be larger than we think due to advancements in reducing the space between pixels.

Graham Mitchell

I guess it does have some optics in it, ( the 1.7X converter seems to work very well without loss of detail so that may not be a bad thing.
Nick-T
..and if so, the focal lengths will be longer (perhaps 1.4x?) and there will be loss of light (e.g. 1 stop)

PeterA

I agree with foto-z it is a Hasselbald thing - therefore definately bound to be crap - if it was Rollie or Sinar it woul be awesome!!:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

harmsr

Workshop Member
Here is a photo of the tilt & shift adaptor taken from Nick T's site.

http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/

He states that it will have a 1.5x factor on the lenses.

It should be a tilt/shift/rotation adaptor.

If this works well without image degradation, this could solve my tilt & swing problems without having to buy some technical camera. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Uaiomex

Isn't this contraption a heavily modified Arcbody?

Ed

Here is a photo of the tilt & shift adaptor taken from Nick T's site. He states that it will have a 1.5x factor on the lenses.

It should be a tilt/shift/rotation adaptor.

If this works well without image degradation, this could solve my tilt & swing problems without having to buy some technical camera. Keeping my fingers crossed.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Any combi tool has advantages and disadvantages .

Looking at the posted image of the possible HASSELBLAD adapter, it makes me very happy to have an ARCA-SWISS F-LINE METRIC + ORBIX + ROTASLIDE ADAPTER + RODENSTOCK 35mm DIDGTAL lens . Plus other LF lenses . That gear is versatile and can use any digital back .
Plus film backs ! ! !
So there is no need for me , to invest any more money . Great .

N

Natasa Stojsic

So, I guess the Mamiya lens woudl make the purchase of a Mamiya system worthwhile alone - ( there are no sarcasm tags available to use )
Tag???? Peter, your dollars would do just fine...:ROTFL:

PeterA

Mamiya are not going to get a dollar - and neither is Hasselblad for this silly contraption..I couldnt stop laughing when I saw the pic..

Last edited:

fotografz

I second that!

Thierry
Why is a rep from a competiting brand participating in denigrating commentary? :thumbdown:

This is a solution for Hasselblad H camera users to further extend the operation of their existing lenses.

Personally I don't see it as a wholesale replacement for a technical camera ... but to further aid in some field applications without the need for an entire separate system ... like close up work where DOF may be an issue, or some controlled perspective correction.

How useful and to what degree remains to be determined ... by those who use this equipment for their work.

BJNY

I wonder if you can use a adapter to fit on other bodies as well.
That tilt/shift adapter's glass is optimized for HC lenses, and how will you electronically trigger those HC lenses with your "other" body?
Seems the only way this makes sense if you MUST HAVE this tilt/shift adapter is for you to exercise your PhaseOne mount-change option before you take delivery on the AFDIII camera body?

T

thsinar

Marc,

If you did not notice: I seconded Graham's words "Your words, not mine", implying that I would never say such thing. And you can search the whole internet world: you won't ever find a denigrating word from me of any other brand. In fact, it is one of my policies, not only in the forums, but also in my daily work.

BTW: I own a HB myself, as well as did Mr. Carl Koch, the founder of Sinar.

Best regards,
Thierry

Why is a rep from a competiting brand participating in denigrating commentary? :thumbdown:

This is a solution for Hasselblad H camera users to further extend the operation of their existing lenses.

Personally I don't see it as a wholesale replacement for a technical camera ... but to further aid in some field applications without the need for an entire separate system ... like close up work where DOF may be an issue, or some controlled perspective correction.

How useful and to what degree remains to be determined ... by those who use this equipment for their work.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
:cool:
That tilt/shift adapter's glass is optimized for HC lenses, and how will you electronically trigger those HC lenses with your "other" body?
Seems the only way this makes sense if you MUST HAVE this tilt/shift adapter is for you to exercise your PhaseOne mount-change option before you take delivery on the AFDIII camera body?
Thanks Billy , not going to do that for one option, for many that may makes sense. But if there for the HC line than one wonders if you can even use a H2 with it and the 28mm. The 28 is blocked out from my understanding from the H2 so even if I did go switch than I would be limited if I am correct in assuming this.

BJNY

I wonder if you can use a adapter to fit on other bodies as well.
I've thought of a couple alternatives to avoid switching from ZD to P25 to H within a two month period:
- I believe Zoerk offers a tilt/shift adapter that fits exemplary Pentax67 lenses (45mm, 55mm, 75mm, 90mm, 105mm, 135mm, etc.) Onto the Mamiya 645.
- Mamiya RZ67IID with their tilt/shift adapter and 75mm + 180mm short-barrel lenses.

mark1958

I am very interested to see how this TS adapter will work. Looks interesting to say the least. I cannot imagine they would not have tested this device thoroughly before releasing it. This has been in the works for some time from my understanding and I would suspect the image quality has been examined quite extensively with each of these lenses.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Billy I looked at the Zoerk site and yes there is something that can be done and i need to look into it further myself. I have a funny feeling we will see something at Photokinia. I actually have a good feeling the MF stuff there will be a lot of announcements that is if the OEM stop announcing stuff 3 months out. Sinar, Hassy, Ricoh, Nikon all guilty. LOL