The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad news

Nick-T

I think the Tilt/shift adaptor is VERY interesting..it will be able to use the 28, 35, 50 and 80mm lenses. +/-18mm shift, +/- 10 degrees tilt, +/- 90 degrees rotation ....

Nick-T

Graham Mitchell

The 28mm lens can not be used - the image circle is not large enough. I don't know about the others.

Also, if this is really an adapter to be placed between the lens and body, then infinity focus will be lost. Clearly we need more information.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes I saw this early this morning but did not report it here. Was waiting on more data. But this photokinia folks is going to be very interesting for MF shooters. I can feel some very strong vibes in my crystal ball.:D:D:D

N

Natasa Stojsic

The 28mm lens can not be used - the image circle is not large enough. I don't know about the others.
infinity focus will be lost. Clearly we need more information.
I think you are right but not only that, I thought the Glass itself is pushing its limit even now, hence the software to support it!!!

Now, using software to correct/stretching perspective/corners perhaps is good and not that obvious.

However, on 50MP sensor it could be a bit of a challenge... we'll see soon enough!!!

I still think Mamiya 28mm is better choice and unlike others they don't
have their CEO & PR on steroids:thumbup:

Major complain to me about Mamiya's 28mm is or should be the Price!!!

PeterA

I look forward to the official announcement - from Hasselblad.

Personally, I have no interest in more megapixels myself, teh 39 megapixels have delivered anough processing and storage headache for me as it is!! LOL

However - will be fascinated to see how they propose to implement tilt/shift on existing H lenses.

I look forward to one day comparing for myself the differences between the Mamiya 28 and the Hasselbald 28. I own the Masselbald 28 and think it is quite an outstanding lens - so I guess the Mamiya lens woudl make the purchase of a Mamiya system worthwhile alone - ( there are no sarcasm tags available to use )

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Nick

If the image circle of the 28mm lens is not big enough , how could you do a shift of 10mm without vignetting ? ? ?
Will the DAC function in PHOCUS correct that ? ? ?

Jürgen

The sensor would be a 6 micron, as opposed to the current 6.9 micron photo cell size. Hopefully Kodak/Hasselblad can maintain the same image quality. I assume the sensor is still not a true 36x48mm 'full frame' sensor. A-la 1.1x, in other words.

fotografz

IF the 50 meg sensor is full frame, and Hasselblad eventually offers a Multi-shot of it, I'm there and will be DONE as far as commercial applications are concerned.

I hope this escalation helps drop the price of lower meg backs to open up MFD to more people.

The T/S adapter will be of great interest (depending on IQ) for my limited field applications ... I do all the studio work with a Rollei Xact2.

The 50mp sensor will not be full frame. It is the same size as the existing 39mp Kodak sensor. 1.1x. Hasselblad wants us to believe that is FF, but it isn't.

Nick-T

Then it must be more than a mere adapter. Perhaps an optical converter (which is not ideal)? We'll soon see.
I guess it does have some optics in it, ( the 1.7X converter seems to work very well without loss of detail so that may not be a bad thing.
Nick-T

Uaiomex

Marc:
May your mouth be the prophet's.

Eduardo

IF the 50 meg sensor is full frame, and Hasselblad eventually offers a Multi-shot of it, I'm there and will be DONE as far as commercial applications are concerned.

I hope this escalation helps drop the price of lower meg backs to open up MFD to more people.

woodyspedden

I just posted some shots of the H3DII-39 with the old Zeiss V 180 CFE and the 1.4x converter and I could not be happier. Please take a look and provide feedback as to your reactions to this combination.

Best

Woody

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Marc

The 50MP sensor can not be much bigger than the 39MP sensor , due to the H-SYSTEM body design .
If the sensor has the same size than the existing 39MP sensor it might also produce more noise and moiree at high ISO .
PHOCUS might take care of this issue.