Site Sponsors

Thread: Leaf 12 problems and poor service

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Leaf 12 problems and poor service

Hi Everyone,

I am very sorry to have to post this but have been forced to by a frustrating lack of communication from Leaf.

My story is that i ordered and paid cash up front for a leaf AFI 12 as soon as they were announced last year.Leaf to their great credit gave me a loaner AFI 10 back - a terrific back and am very happy with it. The problem started when my 12 back arrived on the 24th February . It was immediately apparent that there was something not right about it. Specifically the infinity focus is out - it cant focus on infinity.It also has some weird corruption of files issues where lines appear in the photo or the photos just arent written to the CF card. I immediately notified my dealer and Leaf direct(got no reply from them) and sent the back back on 28 th February. The only information that has come back to me is that the back is in Israel - thats all- no eta or comments/acknowledgement/feedback on whats wrong with it.Ive had to repeatedly phone them - they have never phoned me without my prompting.- of course it was a different story before I handed over the cash ! they were constantly phoning /emailing me!

The last straw is I went to see them in person yesterday to get the latest news - none of course - they phoned the distributors and said they would get back to me - they haven't! I made it clear that I had been restrained in my response so far but would post something online if I didn't hear from them - even a call saying they are working on it but nothing!!! Oh well perhaps the power of the internet will provoke a response.

In the meantime I curious if anyone has had focus/sensor alignment issues or readout issues with the new 12 back??

I repeat just to be fair that I absolutely love the back ( from my experience with the 10 ) and am really writing this out of frustration because I would love to get my hands on a working 12 ( which I paid for nearly 5 months ago!)

Rant over

JOHN

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leaf 12 problems and poor service

I can totally understand your frustration. Who is the Leaf dealer in Australia? I have also heard negative stories about other medium format dealers in Oz - seems that Australian photographers are stuck with a bad bunch. Have you tried contacting Leaf's head office (not just the Oz rep)? Have you asked for a replacement back while they are working on your back? It seems you are without a back at the moment, and for some time, which is unacceptable. Hope you get some satisfaction soon!
    Last edited by Graham Mitchell; 30th March 2011 at 04:04.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'd communicate with Yair who is a very knowledgable Leaf representative, and frequently posts here on GetDpi.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    I'd communicate with Yair who is a very knowledgable Leaf representative, and frequently posts here on GetDpi.

-Marc
    I have and got no response at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's a lot of $ tied up with no product in hand and no communication from Leaf!
    Thank you for posting as this gives me serious concerns about purchasing a Leaf.

Please tell your story as it unfolds--I will be in the market for a new back in the near future and I do purchase based on customer support issues.

Good luck and I hope Leaf gets off their poor attitude towards customers and starts talking to you!

Darr
    "Creativity takes courage." ~ Henri Matisse
    Darlene Almeda, photoscapes.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    Wow that's a lot of $ tied up with no product in hand and no communication from Leaf!
    Thank you for posting as this gives me serious concerns about purchasing a Leaf.

Please tell your story as it unfolds--I will be in the market for a new back in the near future and I do purchase based on customer support issues.

Good luck and I hope Leaf gets off their poor attitude towards customers and starts talking to you!

Darr
    Yeah and they are AUS $ - they are worth something at the moment !!!

Post Thanks / Like

SHOCKING!! :O

You purchase their flagship product and get treated like crap. They should be jumping through hoops to help you out not avoiding you calls.

Post Thanks / Like

I too bought an Aptus 12 but didn't experience the customer feedback problems you describe. I wrote Yair an email and got fast response. Very fast, like in a few hours. Then I lost files two times. After a shooting they didn't appear on the CF card. I don't know why this is so ... and customer support couldn't help either. I blamed it on my CF card which isn't really new but I never had problems with it before. On the other hand, if I hear that you had similiar problems I'm curious to hear from more Aptus 12 users on this issue. It really is annoying when you lose files in such a weird way. During the shooting I even could preview them, just when loading the CF card onto my mac reader they aren't there anymore. Now I always format my cf before a shoot and since then it hasn't happened but ... weird.

Again, I have made a different experience regarding customer response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am very sorry to have to post this but have been forced to by a frustrating lack of communication from Leaf.

My story is that i ordered and paid cash up front for a leaf AFI 12 as soon as they were announced last year.Leaf to their great credit gave me a loaner AFI 10 back - a terrific back and am very happy with it. The problem started when my 12 back arrived on the 24th February . It was immediately apparent that there was something not right about it. Specifically the infinity focus is out - it cant focus on infinity.It also has some weird corruption of files issues where lines appear in the photo or the photos just arent written to the CF card. I immediately notified my dealer and Leaf direct(got no reply from them) and sent the back back on 28 th February. The only information that has come back to me is that the back is in Israel - thats all- no eta or comments/acknowledgement/feedback on whats wrong with it.Ive had to repeatedly phone them - they have never phoned me without my prompting.- of course it was a different story before I handed over the cash ! they were constantly phoning /emailing me!

The last straw is I went to see them in person yesterday to get the latest news - none of course - they phoned the distributors and said they would get back to me - they haven't! I made it clear that I had been restrained in my response so far but would post something online if I didn't hear from them - even a call saying they are working on it but nothing!!! Oh well perhaps the power of the internet will provoke a response.

In the meantime I curious if anyone has had focus/sensor alignment issues or readout issues with the new 12 back??

I repeat just to be fair that I absolutely love the back ( from my experience with the 10 ) and am really writing this out of frustration because I would love to get my hands on a working 12 ( which I paid for nearly 5 months ago!)

Rant over

JOHN

John -

Unfortunate experience.

Summing up:

*infinity focus issue (possible sensor misalignment)
    *file corruption
    *poor communication, lack of action or status update

Now, we haven't heard Leaf's side - there's always two sides. I will say this is not characteristic of Leaf.

Sensor alignment issue should be an easy fix. I'm assuming the AFi-II 10 you had focused fine, and then the AFi-II 12 with the same body/lens did not?

The file issues - I would ask if you formatted first the CF Card in a Mac or PC in MS-DOS? And then quick formatted in the AFi-II 12? This is with multiple cards? And what raw processor did you utilize? And you say you went to see Leaf in person? In Tel Aviv?

Regarding the communication from Leaf - I don't know why this has happened. Would like to hear from Leaf. What has your distributor been telling you? What role has your distributor been playing?

So - you're saying you sent your AFi-II 12 in a month ago and Leaf will not tell you anything? You ask for status and they say...what?

I will say I have no reports of any issues so far with any of the AFi-II 12 units we've received. And we're actually getting them within 1 week of placing our order - no backorder.

John - keep us abreast of your progress (or lack of it) and hopefully we'll hear something from Leaf as well regarding this.

Steve Hendrix
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar Authorized Reseller

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Spinnler View Post
    I too bought an Aptus 12 but didn't experience the customer feedback problems you describe. I wrote Yair an email and got fast response. Very fast, like in a few hours. Then I lost files two times. After a shooting they didn't appear on the CF card. I don't know why this is so ... and customer support couldn't help either. I blamed it on my CF card which isn't really new but I never had problems with it before. On the other hand, if I hear that you had similiar problems I'm curious to hear from more Aptus 12 users on this issue. It really is annoying when you lose files in such a weird way. During the shooting I even could preview them, just when loading the CF card onto my mac reader they aren't there anymore. Now I always format my cf before a shoot and since then it hasn't happened but ... weird.

Again, I have made a different experience regarding customer response.
    Hi Paul

i guess 25% of the photos I took were corrupted in some way.They either had lines running thru them or like your experience I would get pictures that seemed OK when reviewing them on the back but then fail to import.The thumbnail would be there when you opened the leaf software but it gave a error message when you tried to import it off the card.i found this to be particularly annoying as you have no warning at all when you take the picture that anything is wrong. I dont believe that this is a card issue as this problem occurred with cards that have NEVER given trouble in the 10 back - yes I formatted them for the 12 - they are sandisk 32G extreme IV - pretty standard stuff. As far as the infinity focus goes the sensor is just in the wrong position Im afraid - when the lens is set to infinity it focuses at about 2 meters!

JOHN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hendrix View Post
    John -

Unfortunate experience.

Summing up:

*infinity focus issue (possible sensor misalignment)
    *file corruption
    *poor communication, lack of action or status update

Now, we haven't heard Leaf's side - there's always two sides. I will say this is not characteristic of Leaf.

Sensor alignment issue should be an easy fix. I'm assuming the AFi-II 10 you had focused fine, and then the AFi-II 12 with the same body/lens did not?

The file issues - I would ask if you formatted first the CF Card in a Mac or PC in MS-DOS? And then quick formatted in the AFi-II 12? This is with multiple cards? And what raw processor did you utilize? And you say you went to see Leaf in person? In Tel Aviv?

Regarding the communication from Leaf - I don't know why this has happened. Would like to hear from Leaf. What has your distributor been telling you? What role has your distributor been playing?

So - you're saying you sent your AFi-II 12 in a month ago and Leaf will not tell you anything? You ask for status and they say...what?

I will say I have no reports of any issues so far with any of the AFi-II 12 units we've received. And we're actually getting them within 1 week of placing our order - no backorder.

John - keep us abreast of your progress (or lack of it) and hopefully we'll hear something from Leaf as well regarding this.

Steve Hendrix
    Hi Steve

yes it is unfortunate indeed! it was only out of frustration that I posted here .Not really sure who to blame - I suspect the Australian distributor - Ive given them plenty of chances to respond to me before resorting to the internet. Leaf international do seem OK - perhaps they need words with their Australian distributor.The role of the distributor is just silence - apart from saying the back is in Israel. I went to see my dealer in person - I live 400kms from him - in fact I ordered and paid for the back over the phone - without setting foot in the shop ! hows that for a easy customer!

As far as the file errors - Im using a mac and the leaf software - yes I KNOW about formatting cards and have done it correctly - the errors occurred with 4 different cards that have never given problems with the 10 back - so I dont believe that it is a card issue.

Thanks for your interest and I will certainly keep you informed

as I said before what makes it maddening is that i can see it has great potential - i love the files that come out of the 10 back.

Cheers JOHN

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, John,

If you paid for your order over the phone, via credit card, you can tell your dealer to cancel your order and if they refuse to refund your money, you can initiate a dispute (as a chargeback) at your credit card company. Typically it takes a phone call, and after answering a few questions to ensure that the dispute is not frivolous, that is the end of the matter--your account may be credited immediately.

I had to do this once with Kurland Photo out of New York, for selling me a defective "new" lens and refusing to replace it.

If you wish, you can let your dealer know you will initiate a chargeback in, say 48 hours. Your dealer won't want this, of course, and will likely become very responsive. If not, you'll be able to try purchasing through another dealer.

Sorry to hear your are having trouble. This is helpful for us to hear though--thank you for sharing.

Hope that helps,
    -Brad

richard.L

sounds discouraging.
    I apologize in advance for my response about the FILE system failure. There is no excuse for a file save being regarded as the USER error. Any software system that ships for more than US$400 can report failure, so it should. This, even if the media isn't in. report media fail, media not found, media suspect,,,, something other than silence with a smile.
    come to think of it, that makes a very dark branded T-Shirt "silence with a smile"

I bet that Leaf will come through and provide you the service you expected when you bought.

Again, sorry for making one of my few posts one that challenges the maker+dealer to be more responsible, yep, even FULLY responsible for how a customer feels. My response toward them would have taken a quiet, but much more direct response and none of you would have ever heard about it.

Yep, every story has as many sides as you want it to have. But in all stories of value, only one point of view has the true value; in the land of commerce, he who gets the money gets the blame.

richard laughlin,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyGibson View Post
    Hi, John,

If you paid for your order over the phone, via credit card, you can tell your dealer to cancel your order and if they refuse to refund your money, you can initiate a dispute (as a chargeback) at your credit card company. Typically it takes a phone call, and after answering a few questions to ensure that the dispute is not frivolous, that is the end of the matter--your account may be credited immediately.

I had to do this once with Kurland Photo out of New York, for selling me a defective "new" lens and refusing to replace it.

If you wish, you can let your dealer know you will initiate a chargeback in, say 48 hours. Your dealer won't want this, of course, and will likely become very responsive. If not, you'll be able to try purchasing through another dealer.

Sorry to hear your are having trouble. This is helpful for us to hear though--thank you for sharing.

Hope that helps,
    -Brad
    Hi Brad

How are you? Did you go to Japan?

I actually sent them a cheque - its been cashed long ago! I dont want to cancel the order anyway - I just want a working camera.

To make matters worse Im going on a trip to Hong Kong tomorrow - the second trip Ive done now where I should have had the 12 back.

How is the lens?

All the best to you and your family
    JOHN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richard.L View Post
    sounds discouraging.
    I apologize in advance for my response about the FILE system failure. There is no excuse for a file save being regarded as the USER error. Any software system that ships for more than US$400 can report failure, so it should. This, even if the media isn't in. report media fail, media not found, media suspect,,,, something other than silence with a smile.
    come to think of it, that makes a very dark branded T-Shirt "silence with a smile"

I bet that Leaf will come through and provide you the service you expected when you bought.

Again, sorry for making one of my few posts one that challenges the maker+dealer to be more responsible, yep, even FULLY responsible for how a customer feels. My response toward them would have taken a quiet, but much more direct response and none of you would have ever heard about it.

Yep, every story has as many sides as you want it to have. But in all stories of value, only one point of view has the true value; in the land of commerce, he who gets the money gets the blame.

richard laughlin,
    Hi Richard

Yes i agree. I have until now taken the quiet approach - that is my normal way of doing things - but I came to realise it was getting me nowhere.!

JOHN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Steve

yes it is unfortunate indeed! it was only out of frustration that I posted here .Not really sure who to blame - I suspect the Australian distributor - Ive given them plenty of chances to respond to me before resorting to the internet. Leaf international do seem OK - perhaps they need words with their Australian distributor.The role of the distributor is just silence - apart from saying the back is in Israel. I went to see my dealer in person - I live 400kms from him - in fact I ordered and paid for the back over the phone - without setting foot in the shop ! hows that for a easy customer!

As far as the file errors - Im using a mac and the leaf software - yes I KNOW about formatting cards and have done it correctly - the errors occurred with 4 different cards that have never given problems with the 10 back - so I dont believe that it is a card issue.

Thanks for your interest and I will certainly keep you informed

as I said before what makes it maddening is that i can see it has great potential - i love the files that come out of the 10 back.

Cheers JOHN

Thanks for that clarification John. It sounds like the distributor is not providing any real information (and maybe they're not getting any from Leaf, but that doesn't excuse them not pursuing this harder for a resolution).

And just one other question - I'm assuming the file corruption you're seeing is with using Leaf Capture 11.4 or higher? Have you also tried Capture One 6.1.1 with the same result?

At this point, I would say keep the heat on the dealer, and if they continue to be unresponsive, ask for a direct contact to Leaf from them.

Steve Hendrix
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar Authorized Reseller

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

All,

I'm writing on the phone while driving so you'll have to excuse me for any typos,

We're investigating it right now to find what went wrong but first we need to make sure that John has something to work with for his trip

Can I please ask that everyone sit tight till we have all the info?

Thanks
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    All,
    We're investigating it right now to find what went wrong but first we need to make sure that John has something to work with for his trip
    This is excellent customer service. Sounds like you're in good hands.

Driving while texting, maybe not so smart Be careful.

Kind regards,
    Derek

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brad

How are you? Did you go to Japan?
    Hi, John,

I did not go, my flight was the day of the earthquake and was cancelled. I rescheduled it for a week later, but given the reactor issues, I decided to postpone for a while.

Clearly there won't be much of a winter wildlife opportunity left this year, but obviously it's more important that the people in Japan get the help they need to heal and recover. Winter wildlife will be waiting next year.

I actually sent them a cheque - its been cashed long ago! I dont want to cancel the order anyway - I just want a working camera.
    Ok, then this won't work, of course. Even if it did, often being upset enough to take your business elsewhere can be enough to motivate the seller to deal with you respectfully (ie. in a timely, appropriate manner). And if not, like I said, I am certain there would have been other dealers willing to get you going.

To make matters worse Im going on a trip to Hong Kong tomorrow - the second trip Ive done now where I should have had the 12 back.
    Ouch--that really sucks. Fingers crossed that Yair can find something in time for you. Or hopefully there will be a third opportunity once your kit is sorted!

How is the lens?
    The 55 is a spectacular lens. It's a bit big large, and I do wish it could swing, but it has been a joy to use. Thank you!

All the best to you and your family
    JOHN
    Thanks, John. Thankfully my Japanese inlaws are well out of the impacted area, near Osaka. They are shaken, of course, but well.

Best regards to you as well--I am hoping your issues are resolved soon. Please do keep us posted on developments.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

All,

I'm writing on the phone while driving so you'll have to excuse me for any typos,

Can I please ask that everyone sit tight till we have all the info?

Thanks
    This is why I love you guys being here. I love having the support of the OEM's on this forum and the dealer network. I'm sure this will get resolved in short order.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    This is why I love you guys being here. I love having the support of the OEM's on this forum and the dealer network. I'm sure this will get resolved in short order.

Guy is so right!! The power of DPI is awesome!!!

Yair has just emailed me and is on the case - Im sure it will be resolved quickly so that I can stop bitching and post some pictures !!

Cheers JOHN

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

John .... sorry to hear your story ....

It does however give me faith in a dealer network that I have decided to work with!

Dave

stewpid

Having met Yair, I can say you are most definitely in good hands! Wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't got it sorted by the time I post this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy is so right!! The power of DPI is awesome!!!

Yair has just emailed me and is on the case - Im sure it will be resolved quickly so that I can stop bitching and post some pictures !!

Cheers JOHN
    Australian Bikinis if i had a choice.

Getting myself in trouble here.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

All in hand now, well...sort of:-) We've missed John as he's already on his way to HK although we did offer to arrange a randez vuz there with a back but he hasn't got the camera with him to put it on...

I can honestly say that a typical turnaround is not more than 5 working days at the factory plus shipping time (usually overnight to the dealer) but this one was an unfortunate combination of inexperience and miscommunication (internal and external).

John knows me and I was surprised to find out about this on the forum and not from him, but anyway what's done is done. We'll make sure this does not happen again

Happy shooting!

Yair

Post Thanks / Like

All in hand now, well...sort of:-) but this one was an unfortunate combination of inexperience and miscommunication (internal and external).
    I think you need to have a word with his dealer Yair as they should have pressed on with Johns issue rather than him having to post on here to get a solution. Pretty poor service!

There should be more Yairs in the dealer network!

Post Thanks / Like

John knows me and I was surprised to find out about this on the forum and not from him, but anyway what's done is done.
    Yair
    Yair, FYI-he mentioned trying to reach you in the fourth comment in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gazwas View Post
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyGibson View Post
    Yair, FYI-he mentioned trying to reach you in the fourth comment in this thread.
    He did contact me first on a Sunday morning to report the problem and the ball started rolling the next day but unfortunately there were some errors in the chain later on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    I can totally understand your frustration. Who is the Leaf dealer in Australia? I have also heard negative stories about other medium format dealers in Oz - seems that Australian photographers are stuck with a bad bunch.
    Sorry for arriving late, but I don't know where Graham got his info. My Hasselblad service experience over many years has been consistently good. They have gone the extra mile for me on a number of occasions. I also think that Phase are well supported, at least on the East coast, but only from hearsay.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffg53 View Post
    Sorry for arriving late, but I don't know where Graham got his info. My Hasselblad service experience over many years has been consistently good. They have gone the extra mile for me on a number of occasions. I also think that Phase are well supported, at least on the East coast, but only from hearsay.
    I have heard bad things about Sun Studios/Baltronics, for example.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have bought lights from them in the past and found them to be good. As a long time Hasselblad user, I haven't had a lot of dealings with them. I just think that characterising dealers in Oz as a bad bunch is a bit of a stretch.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gazwas View Post

my dealer has also been very helpful locally but Yair exemplifies what we'd like to think all manufacturer's representatives would be like. He's been very helpful and responsive for me in the past in tracking down parts and service for my Leaf/AFD II plus also following up with Phase One on their still broken 6.1.1 for Leaf tech shooters.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffg53 View Post
    I have bought lights from them in the past and found them to be good. As a long time Hasselblad user, I haven't had a lot of dealings with them. I just think that characterising dealers in Oz as a bad bunch is a bit of a stretch.
    Australian dealers may be okay but in NZ dealers are total no hopers.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in Hong Kong and can only speak very highly and well of the support my Leaf agent is giving me here; pure excellence. Additionally Yair is a true gold mine in support and advice, not only on backs but camera systems to go with it. Gold excellence indeed.

Apart from indeed the very excellent back and files from it, above is reason I stay Leaf, and now consider upgrade: Leaf.

Heartfelt thanks guys, local indeed and Yair indeed!!!

Regards
    Anders

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

There are two Australian dealers now catering for all of Australia -one has a monopoly on Hasselblad. The other has a monopoly in Phase and (now) Leaf. Both used to be absolute ripp off merchants. Now the internet has somewhat tamed them.

I only wish I knew Yair a few years ago maybe I would still be hooting Leaf. No way would I ever buy a Hasselblad ( again) or Phase anything from the Australian dealer . <---- see the full stop?

I can only speak in glowing terms regarding the Sinar dealer in Australia - the best service I have ever received from a the most knowledgeable dealer I have ever spoken to. It helps that the person is also an outstanding photographer.

Companies should just give photographers who spend many tens of thousands of dollars on this stuff the option to deal directly with the company or a dealer of their choice.

My solution has been simple- find a good dealer in the USofA - for non Sinar stuff. if I am not allowed to spend my own hard earned dollars where I choose to spend it - then I have absolutely no interest in a company's product - really life is too short to be pushed around by by some stupid arrogant company anyway.

Get DPI has put me in touch with the best dealers one could wish to do business with. Companies who insist on using stupid 19th century marketing practices can go take a running jump off a high hill as far as I am concerned.

Pete

richard.L

Hi Richard

Yes i agree. I have until now taken the quiet approach - that is my normal way of doing things - but I came to realise it was getting me nowhere.!

JOHN
    oops, John, what I had meant wasn't that you shouldn't have posted. That isn't what I mean by not involving the DPI board membership. In fact your posting is what has resulted in whatever action you've gotten. Nope, my action comment is based upon having thrived in a much more litigious world of commerce. ////

My actions would have been directed intensely and immediately at the dealer and manufacturer. In fact... here I will instead leave you and Leaf to settle for whatever restitution you consider would be appropriate. Either sushi or seppuku with/for them. Your choice

richard laughlin, hoping to see images instead of insolence. Time to turn over a new leaf.
    Last edited by richard.L; 31st March 2011 at 08:55. Reason: too much info

Ronan

Amazing you need to resort posting on the internet in hope of finding someone that can help (thx DPI).

That alone would make me never buy from that Dealer/Company.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only speak very highly of leaf. I got a response so fast I couldn't believe it. I literally went to dinner with friends and before going to bed had an email response. Everybody can do mistakes so I think it is fair to say that this was an atypical mistake and then go on.

Ronan

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Spinnler View Post
    I can only speak very highly of leaf. I got a response so fast I couldn't believe it. I literally went to dinner with friends and before going to bed had an email response. Everybody can do mistakes so I think it is fair to say that this was an atypical mistake and then go on.
    Or people can take it as a warning when dealing with whom-ever the OP dealt with.

When you have a dedicated team for CS, theirs no real reason for miss-ups like this (taken away natural disasters, and OOC issues).

In this case it seemed to be a AUS issue with the people there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    There are two Australian dealers now catering for all of Australia -one has a monopoly on Hasselblad. The other has a monopoly in Phase and (now) Leaf. Both used to be absolute ripp off merchants. Now the internet has somewhat tamed them.

I only wish I knew Yair a few years ago maybe I would still be hooting Leaf. No way would I ever buy a Hasselblad ( again) or Phase anything from the Australian dealer . <---- see the full stop?

I can only speak in glowing terms regarding the Sinar dealer in Australia - the best service I have ever received from a the most knowledgeable dealer I have ever spoken to. It helps that the person is also an outstanding photographer.

Companies should just give photographers who spend many tens of thousands of dollars on this stuff the option to deal directly with the company or a dealer of their choice.

My solution has been simple- find a good dealer in the USofA - for non Sinar stuff. if I am not allowed to spend my own hard earned dollars where I choose to spend it - then I have absolutely no interest in a company's product - really life is too short to be pushed around by by some stupid arrogant company anyway.

Get DPI has put me in touch with the best dealers one could wish to do business with. Companies who insist on using stupid 19th century marketing practices can go take a running jump off a high hill as far as I am concerned.

Pete
    Hi Peter

100% agree with you esp re David from Sinar - he really is the gold standard.

I STILL havent heard anything from the dealer or agent either by phone or email.

I find this utterly unbelievable. Thankfully Yair is on the case. Surely they can find better representatives in Australia.

JOHN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks for your nice comments on GetDPI. It is something we wanted for this forum is to be a great resource for our members and also our friendships with our dealers, reps and the OEMs themselves . I know a forum is not the place to resolve these kinds of issues but nice to know these folks are here to help.

Yair is just one of many we love to have here. Kudos

Post Thanks / Like

Granted, these fora are not the place to resolve issues but as a LAST resort when the other side turns deaf it works great. It is a good measure to ensure everyone stays sharp.

I know every brand has great service normally, my experience with every brand is nothing but great. A few minor hickups. There are always things going wrong for whatever reason. Places like this are a great 'commons judge' to tackle these cases.

How good everyones services is, still things go wrong and every case is one too many. Besides, where would be the fun if everything is perfect and there is nothing more to improve?