The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax 645 Prices

David K

Workshop Member
Well, here we go again ... will lightning strike twice? (And as if the starting bid and buy-it-now prices aren't bad enough, look at the shipping cost ... this seller certainly doesn't intend to leave any money on the table!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Contax-645-L-Bracket-Really-Right-Stuff-rare-/110672957914?pt=Camera_Cables_Cords&hash=item19c49f51da
Small world. That bracket was mine and I traded it to the seller for some other gear at a true valuation of $600 (after seeing one sell recently on the bay for $610). At the BIN price he's still losing the ebay and paypal fees. i will drop him a line about the shipping charges... they do seem out of proportion.

Audii-Dudii

Small world. That bracket was mine and I traded it to the seller for some other gear at a true valuation of $600 (after seeing one sell recently on the bay for $610). At the BIN price he's still losing the ebay and paypal fees. i will drop him a line about the shipping charges... they do seem out of proportion.
Well, if that's the going rate for them these days, then so be it. I know I certainly won't be buying one at that price, though.

Oh, and the ad now says the shipping is free, which seems more appropriate.

David K

Workshop Member
Oh, and the ad now says the shipping is free, which seems more appropriate.
I brought that to the seller's attention and it was an inadvertent error.... he used a prior template that had shipping charges computed for one of his large format cameras. I'm glad you pointed that out so it could be corrected.

eightfps

Yeah, crazy price for the L-bracket.
Had one, sold it. Great to know there are alternatives. Anyone used the Novoflex L-bracket?

David K

Workshop Member
Short footnote to the sale of this bracket. Buyer wanted overnight, Saturday delivery so wound up paying $650 but...and here's the kicker... the buyer is a reseller to the Asian market, not an end user. Can't imagine what it will ultimately sell for. Wish all my camera gear appreciated like this did :)

engel001

...and a brief note on fitting a generic L-bracket to Contax 645: You may add a Stroboframe 300-MAM (usually around $5-$10) anti-twist plate (for Mamiya) between the camera and the bracket. This works with the Sunwayphoto DPL-01 bracket. By mounting this combination, the bracket will lie perfectly aligned with and secured by the pins - and is not dependent on the slightly oblique contour of the grip as described above. I just may think of selling my RRS bracket for an easy profit...

Audii-Dudii

The madness continues! Unless there's gold or other contraband hidden inside the battery compartments, I can't imagine this 3-lens outfit being worth anywhere near the current bid, as I paid less than a third of this amount for an essentially identical NOS 3-lens outfit last summer (the only difference being that mine came with only one of three lens shades included here). And it's from a first-time seller, too! Something definitely strikes me as fishy here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Contax-645-Medium-Format-kit-3-Zeiss-Lenses-extras-/140535236794?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item20b88d88ba

Last edited: