Site Sponsors

Thread: Arca-Swiss Slidefix Quickset Device

Post Thanks / Like

Arca-Swiss Slidefix Quickset Device

I am looking at getting this new (?) device but needing to know whether it actually comes in two versions: a) 1/4" threaded; and b) separate mounting screw into female ballhead thread mount? Or whether the device also comes with a 3/8" threaded base. The latter would be preferred saving having to rip out the 3/8" from my leveller and replacing it with a 1/4" so to fit the Slidefix Quickset device. Many thanks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Arca-Swiss Slidefix Quickset Device

Too bad Arca doesn't have a web presence. You might call B&H, who do, and who sell Arca products.

Post Thanks / Like

That has always been the needle (ie information) in the hay stack. I search deep and wide and thought I better ask "just in case" I missed something because Arca QR adapters generally come in both 1/4" and 3/8" threaded and also non threaded base adapter. I also know that said AC QR device is meant for their own ball head 1/4". The leveller I have (Nodal Ninja) 3/8" male screw is a permanent feature so the only way to attach the said Arca-Swiss SlideFix device is via Manfrotto converter plate ie 3/8" female to 1/4" male. Funny how in an attempt to reduce weight as much a possible, I ended adding weight. IMHO, it would be nice if all adapters come in 3/8" female so at least one can get a reduce to 1/4" if needed. But perhaps the stress in the reducer ring may not be as strong as the straight 1/4" thread.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Send a PM to RodK. He is the US Arca representative and a forum member and should be able to help you.

Post Thanks / Like

Most grateful for that info as well...