The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which Leica Disto?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Is there anything I need to know about disto meter?

Planning to use it with RM3di

Thanks
I find that a distometer is something you use for a while but pretty soon you don't really need it. I prefer using a manual focus camera/Lens (M9) and use the distance off the lens or for most situations with landscapes I can estimate pretty accurately. For still life/macro or other more critical situations it's probably more useful but I don't typically shoot those with my Alpa so can't really comment.

I bought the D8 because I got a great deal on it but it's mostly overkill. Having the viewfinder display helps in bright conditions when you can't easily see the laser dot.

archivue

in my opinion, for photography, the D5 makes sense... you need the video viewfinder for bright light... there's a new stanley as well !

J

Jim2

Thanks! I have bought the D5 from Amazon. I know it's $100 cheaper for refurb one but oh well.