Site Sponsors

Thread: rm3d(i) vs dust / rain

Jim2

rm3d(i) vs dust / rain

have you ever used your rm3d(i) under a very windy and dusty environment, or in a misty environment? Would you be comfortable doing so? How well does it cope with it and keep the lens, camera (including the movements i.e. rise/fall/tilt), and the digital back protected from it?

Jim2

Re: rm3d(i) vs dust / rain

Perhaps another way of asking this is - can this camera be cleaned from dust / sand easily? Can it be disassembled for cleaning?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jim2
    You cannot disassemble the camera. You can remove the ground glass or digital back adapter, and the lens. Then you can use air blowers, or canned air and a dry paint brush to clean. There is no user dis-assembly possible. This would compromise the focus alignment. A slightly damp cloth could be used to wipe off outside of camera and finder.
    US Representative, Arca-Swiss International
    R-Line Technical Cameras, Large Format View Cameras, Tripod Heads D4, D4m, P1, P0, Z1, Z2, C1 Cube.
    http://www.rodklukas.com/arca-swiss 480-755-3364
    Instagram @arcaswissusa Facebook @arcaswissusa

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The large throat on the camera and removeable 6x9 GG plate make access, for removing dust easy. One area to be carefull of is any grit/sand getting the lens mounting threads. A lens cloth or brush should keep the threads clean. Cleaning the tilt/swing mechanism might be a problem if something nasty were to get in there, but an air rocket is fine for removing dust.

One bonus with the R lens mounts is that they are wide enough to easily remove the rear lens caps. Not a simple task with lenses greater than 70mm on my cambo wide.

jim