The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I-Phone holder

jlm

Workshop Member
besides the Schneider WA lens, i am going to make sure the Bowers .45x will fit. as i recall, viewfinder pro will make an allowance for various wide angle factors

jlm

Workshop Member
i am building in that upgrade path.

the parts above the parallax correcting base would be swapped out.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
besides the Schneider WA lens, i am going to make sure the Bowers .45x will fit. as i recall, viewfinder pro will make an allowance for various wide angle factors
Yes , VIEWFINDER PRO has various WA factors .
But between 0.55 and 0.65 I am missing the factor 0.60 .
That factor would give the perfect image on the iPHONE 4S for the HR28mm
when using the iPRO Schneider WA Lens .
How can you address that request to the VIEWFINDER pro people ?

jlm

Workshop Member
spent the weekend tweaking. almost have the new top end ready. it takes the Schneider WA and the Bower WA lenses with no need to use any gizmo on the phone itself. the Bower has a built-in magnet, the Schneider a bayonet; my device accepts either.

you can use a bare naked i-phone

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I got an answer from DIRESTUDIOS regarding a missing WA factor for iPHONE
Usage as viewer .
For those of you using either ALPA eFINDER or VIEW FINDER PRO as viewer APP
the missing WA factor of 0.60 will be available at the time when ALPA announces
their iPHONE + WA-lens solution , which will be very similar to the iPRO lens kit .
Here is their mail .
We are in the process of rewriting the WA stuff in VIEWFINDER .
Partly because ALPA is working on a WA converter that allows simulating all their
optics and partly to allow inbetween conversion factors , like the 0.60 .
It will be available with/or shortly after ALPA releases their adapter .

I hope this news makes waiting worthwhile .

jlm

Workshop Member
I finished the newer I-phone holder and will be shipping the first one out tomorrow. will post a pic. the Bower is a .45 factor, not sure about the Ipro/Schneider. I also have been in contact with Dire

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I finished the newer I-phone holder and will be shipping the first one out tomorrow. will post a pic. the Bower is a .45 factor, not sure about the Ipro/Schneider. I also have been in contact with Dire
John

The iPRO/Schneider WA needs a factor of 0.60 to display the full image when using the HR 4,5/28mm on the iPHONE 4S .
Looking forward to see the image of your newer iPHONE holder .

jlm

Workshop Member
new top end with larger opening, better click stops, re-designed phone clamps. shown with Cambo hot shoe base, Alpa and Arca bases available.

back view, a bit of down tilt, no phone in holder, landscape orientation

jlm

Workshop Member
front view, portrait orientation (note phone has no case in these shots, however it can accommodate a thin case)

jlm

Workshop Member
lastly, with the Schneider WA lens, it pops into the holder.

egad! have I re-created the twin-lens reflex, digital style?