Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    I need to upload a single Capture One 6.+ raw image to another website. I have found the raw image in the proper "Session" and then done a "drag" of that image to an empty file on my desktop. If I am on the web site to which the raw image is to be uploaded, locate the desktop image using their "browse" feature and double click so as to start an upload to that web site, will what is uploaded to that site be capable of being opened by someone using the Capture One software on that end. Was there a better or more reliable way to do this? Thoughtful comments would be appreciated. Charles

  2. #2
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    Not sure that would be the best Charles. First most websites may not be able to handle that type and size file as it is a issue here as well. Best solution is use yousendit.com to yourself and send it than post a link for folks to download. Or like I do a lot is on my public folder with my mobile me account. I hope I am reading you correctly here on what your needs are.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    I have entered the image in a photo contest where they have created a file in my name. They request I log on to that file (with password) and using their form upload my original raw file; they have assurred me they have alloted sufficient space in that file to upload the full raw file. That file shows the image was successfully uploaded (after more than two hours), but I am concerned that dragging the image to my desktop file may not have been the appropriate way to go....that perhaps I should have packed the file into an EIP file first? All of this is new to me, and I want to do it their way if possible. I am happy they want to see my raw file. I take their word that they have people who can open the image using Capture One on their end....I just want to be sure that what I uploaded was in a form they can open. Charles

  4. #4
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    http://www.captureintegration.com/20...e-heck-is-eip/

    Eip format was created for just this purpose.

    - doug peterson, capture integration
    From the road

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Port Orchard, WA
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    dropbox.com or Amazon Webservices S3 to store and generate 1 time or time limited URLs will work. With S3 you can send a 2GB file.

    With S3 you can use Firefox with S3Organizer to manage the files. There are also other freeware/shareware S3 managers.

  6. #6
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    If not in eip format then they can open in c1 (or elsewhere) but not see your adjustments.

  7. #7
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    Quote Originally Posted by cs750 View Post
    I have entered the image in a photo contest where they have created a file in my name. They request I log on to that file (with password) and using their form upload my original raw file; they have assurred me they have alloted sufficient space in that file to upload the full raw file. That file shows the image was successfully uploaded (after more than two hours), but I am concerned that dragging the image to my desktop file may not have been the appropriate way to go....that perhaps I should have packed the file into an EIP file first? All of this is new to me, and I want to do it their way if possible. I am happy they want to see my raw file. I take their word that they have people who can open the image using Capture One on their end....I just want to be sure that what I uploaded was in a form they can open. Charles
    Okay it was setup for it than you should be fine. And yes Doug's advice too, better way to fly your files.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  8. #8
    Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    5,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    564

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    Quote Originally Posted by mvirtue View Post
    dropbox.com or Amazon Webservices S3 to store and generate 1 time or time limited URLs will work. With S3 you can send a 2GB file.

    With S3 you can use Firefox with S3Organizer to manage the files. There are also other freeware/shareware S3 managers.
    We use dropbox a lot to ship big files around and it works very well.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

    As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

  9. #9
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    I am confused by the request made by the OP.

    Isn't it a bit unusual for a contest to request a raw file? Usually unless it is a news publication or some other journalistic site where original file verification is required, folks want a finished image in some more common format such as jpeg or tiff.

    -bob

  10. #10
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    Bob my only guess and I agree with not crazy about this raw file request stuff myself is maybe to confirm image has not been altered. Only thing I can think of. Like to see these rules to be honest. Not a fan of contests to be honest.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    Guy, Doug & Mark,
    Thanks for your helpful comments. I really think the sponsors of the photography contest need to adjust their approach to large proprietary raw files. Attempting to upload such large files with the poor internet service many of us have is not a good way to approach this. It worked fine on the small jpg files. They want to see the raw image without any enhancements....which is pretty interesting for a photo contest; it appears this will be achieved in my upload, but I will offer to send a disk with an EIP file if they wish. One thing this has forced me to do is spend more time in my printout of the Capture One manual.....I need to spend more time there! Seminars and workshops play an important role, but unless they are recorded and presented to the attendants for repeated study and review too much is lost from the seminars. Thanks again.

  12. #12
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    We use dropbox a lot to ship big files around and it works very well.
    Yes, dropbox is one of my "essential" utilities now. It is a very fine product.
    -bob

  13. #13
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    Quote Originally Posted by cs750 View Post
    Guy, Doug & Mark,
    Thanks for your helpful comments. I really think the sponsors of the photography contest need to adjust their approach to large proprietary raw files. Attempting to upload such large files with the poor internet service many of us have is not a good way to approach this. It worked fine on the small jpg files. They want to see the raw image without any enhancements....which is pretty interesting for a photo contest; it appears this will be achieved in my upload, but I will offer to send a disk with an EIP file if they wish. One thing this has forced me to do is spend more time in my printout of the Capture One manual.....I need to spend more time there! Seminars and workshops play an important role, but unless they are recorded and presented to the attendants for repeated study and review too much is lost from the seminars. Thanks again.
    Not shilling really, but Jack and Guy can give a good mix of shooting/processing experience in their workshops. Be sure to pick the one that has the combination of shoot vs classroom vs location that works for you. Some custom tailoring can be done I think if you ask nicely
    -bob

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    Bob, I agree it is a bit unusual. Apparently they want to make sure the final version they are seeing is not completely "doctored", and I have no problems with that in this case. But it has been a pain in the neck which I hope not to experience again. Otherwise their rules, guidelines and approach has been very professional. I agree...I am not a fan of contests, but for numerous reasons I got into this one. After this experience I think I will settle for posting a few images on GetDPI.

  15. #15
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    Love to see your results for sure.


    Bob has been promoted to marketing manager . LOL

    But he is right we can teach you all the ins and outs of C1, so can he. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  16. #16
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    Quote Originally Posted by cs750 View Post
    Bob, I agree it is a bit unusual. Apparently they want to make sure the final version they are seeing is not completely "doctored", and I have no problems with that in this case. But it has been a pain in the neck which I hope not to experience again. Otherwise their rules, guidelines and approach has been very professional. I agree...I am not a fan of contests, but for numerous reasons I got into this one. After this experience I think I will settle for posting a few images on GetDPI.
    We love images here. That is what is about ... besides the gear for those who have GAS.
    -bob

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: How To Upload Capture One Raw Image?

    No shilling issue...I want to attend a workshop with Jack and Guy.....but just can't get there in the immediate future; with scheduling, personal conflicts and spending all my money on Phase One upgrades (IQ180) I have to make do with a print out of the manual and what I can get from Capture Integration for a while. Doug, pm me about the cost for one full day of local instruction? Thanks again everyone.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •