The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sand Dune Photos

cs750

Viewing so many wonderful photos of sand dunes on this forum has encouraged me to upload "Sand Dune Ballet", an image made on Cumberland Island, Georgia about three weeks ago. I have tried several times without success to upload images, but maybe I will finally succeed. I know everyone says it is easy, but to those of us who are new to this forum....it is not so obvious even after studying the "how to do it" posts. This image was made with Phase One 645DF, 80mm lens, and P65+ DB.

cs750

One more image from a Cumberland Island Sand Dune. I was set up on tripod at sunrise to photograph the weathered oaks in this sand dune. The biting bugs were terrible! Then this struting turkey appeared from my right with 11 more turkeys behind him; he put on a good show for his friends. Phase One 645DF, 80mm, P65+

Attachments

cs750

One more sand dune image (I need to upload several before I forget how to do it). This image was made near Little Greyfield Beach. Many people visting Cumberland Island don't make it to this beach because it is too far to walk or ride a bicycle. Phase One 645DF, 80mm, P65+ DB.

Attachments

jlm

Workshop Member
like the last one best.

what i do to upload images:

first, make a 1200 x 900 jpg file, then upload that to your gallery on this site. you will note there is a "direct link code" for each image in the gallery, copy that link.
to load into the thread, use "new reply" write in your text, skip to a new line, click the "insert image" icon located above the text window and paste the link. hit upload.

cs750

Thanks, what has been confusing to me is that I created an album and attempted to upload from the album...which did not work. I am a little confused about uploading to a gallery vs. uploading to an album. I thought I was uploading to a gallery, but wound up creating an album. I have printed out your suggestions and give them a try. Incidently how do we determine the name when a post only has initials? Thanks