The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Waiting on the FedEx truck...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Cool thanks Jack . I may be calling you later just waiting on Fed X now and waiting on Itunes to get there act together. But I did succeed with my daughters Blackberry curve but had to add a line but saved 250 dollars from retail so that worked out and she is happy and working, Dad is dead in the water with no cell phone at the moment.

But I was very impressed with AT&t even though they had a mix up with me and took some extra time . Long story but had to exchange than get a new one. Someone grabbed the wrong phone and could not find mine by the time I left they were out of phones. I say they had 50 total

LJL

Did they bring new iTunes servers? (Just kidding.)

Congrats on your deliveries. We will wait for your thoughts on the new body, etc. Go have some fun with it after you get the buttons and dials figured out to your liking. (Sorry, Jack, your complaint about configuration must be frustrating for the way you shoot. Hope that gets addressed for you and others soon.)

LJ

D

dlew308

Well....how's the new baby? And your secret camera? Show us pix of ALL of your new toys :)

Guy Mancuso

Everything works on Iphone except the phone part . On with AT&T now. Phase body is nice but I need a nap first. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Okay that is all done and working onto the Phase Body so far very nice but will wait until tomorrow to work it , nap time.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Yes. They do have sound. The games are similar in graphic quality to those you'd find with a Sony PSP except that chip that allows the phone to rotate the camera from vertical to horizontal orientation makes the whole phone the controller. Very fun.

Guy Mancuso

Well got Phone and Mamiya all setup i think correctly but have not shot anything just feeling really under the weather last night and today. Well get working on report soon with the Mamiya . We need to Take Jacks comments out of this thread and start a new thread devoted to the new Phase Body. I screwed up this thread with all Iphone crap, so we will make a thread for the Phase body for historical and users viewing. I will say a huge improvement over the original AFD and i like the way it feels and handles , very important to me because i can tend to shoot fast sometimes. It is worth the wait it is faster in all most all area's and very responsive. AF sound is a little louder maybe because a lot faster but this does keep up with most DSLR in speed. The focusing points could have been spread out more but I shoot a lot of center point AF anyway and recompose like I do on the M8 and D300 anyway so I can work the same way which is important with different systems. Sorry folks but I need some more rest catch up later.

woodyspedden

I mentioned there was a lot of smoke. Northern CA has several fires burning, the closest of which is over 150 miles away from me. Here is what the normally crystal clear view from my cabin deck looks like now -- a few of you have seen that view, so will know how scuzzy this really is. What's weird is the smoke has traveled so far it does not smell like smoke any more...

This shot is straight out of the camera, converted in C1 with straight daylight WB and no added adjustments. Phase body in Av mode, new 80mm lens at f8, no exposure comp. (The new metering handles difficult light extremely well!)
Jack

this is a really interesting and wonderful image. The transition from the sun at close to white to the reflection in the water at almost red is stunning. Hate it that it takes tragic fires to get these images. Having sat on your porch and remembering the view, this really hurts.

God bless and hope the situation resolves for you soon

Best

Woody