The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Received large package from Sinar today

Graham Mitchell

I should have known from the airholes in the side of the package and the warning label "Danger: female" that my Sinar model had finally arrived. For those who don't know, Sinar was offering your choice of a bikini model or fashion model* with any back purchase. PM Thierry for details :ROTFL:

*while stocks last

80mm f2 Xenotar @f2.8, 1/250

D

dlew308

Wow, maybe I should buy a Sinar just for this special offer :)

harmsr

Workshop Member
Graham, Great image.

Thierry, if you provide models like this to Graham & David I just might have to dump Hassy and Phase for Sinar.

Ray

LJL

Graham,
At the risk of sounding out of place.....this offering from Sinar does trump a tilt-shift thingie-ma-bob from Hassy for sure ;-)

Very nice. Lovely capture with great subtle tones.

LJ

EH21

Dang, every time I think about selling my 80mm f/2 lens someone like you has to post a nice image taken with it. But I never shoot it at even f/2.8 for people since I like both eyes in focus..... hmm what to do. The bokeh is nice with the lens.

David K

Workshop Member
I just picked up the 80 f/2 and the 90 f/4 Macro so I could compare them to the 80 f/2.8 (a lens that I like quite well except for the minimum focusing distance). Both the 80 f/2 and 90 f/4 allow closer focusing... they are all razor sharp, maybe too sharp for portraiture without softening in post. Here's a couple recently taken with the 90 @f/8. The headshot was taken very close up. I haven't softened these up at all. Crop of the eye is from the headshot.

EH21

Everyone has their favorite of course, but I think the lens for head shots is the 110/2 and it focuses much closer than either the 80/2 or 80/2.8. Naturally the 90 macro will go closer, but IMHO its not the best choice for people. Who knows ... maybe the 80/2 has better bokeh than the 110/2 or maybe not, but in my book the 110/2 is magic. It does everything well.

bensonga

Everyone has their favorite of course, but I think the lens for head shots is the 110/2 and it focuses much closer than either the 80/2 or 80/2.8. Naturally the 90 macro will go closer, but IMHO its not the best choice for people. Who knows ... maybe the 80/2 has better bokeh than the 110/2 or maybe not, but in my book the 110/2 is magic. It does everything well.
Am I right that these are all lenses for the Rollei? Not to change the subject...but what are folk's favorite portrait lens for the Hasselblad V system?

Those images from Graham and David are really impressive.

Gary Benson

David K

Workshop Member
in my book the 110/2 is magic. It does everything well.
I quite agree, but it's nice to mix it up once in a while. Also, I find myself shooting often with other photographers who are using different gear and I don't control the lighting. It's not uncommon that the 110 f/2 can't be stopped down far enough under those circumstances. Wound up using the 90 at f/32 during the course of this shoot.